B7510 Filter/Oil service

Dgmshop

Equipment
7510 HST blower, mid mower
Feb 21, 2019
NS Canada
Hello,
Thank you for yor interest. I’m in the middle of a transmission repair, and I’m going to do a filter and oil service at this time. My question regards non-OEM filters, and deviating from the recommended kubota Super UDT fluid . Does anyone subscribe to using non OEM equip? Also are the engines fussy on oil or is off the shelf 10W30 fine?
If one uses a fluid other than the Kubota Super UDT fluid (assumed hydraulic fluid) what weight is used? Sorry if these questions are silly, I’m a bit fresh to these buggies and on a budget. Bad combo.
Dale

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
OEM filters are not that much more... But it's your choice.

The hydraulic fluid filter on a lot of models can not be crossed over so you might not have a choice there.

Whatever hydraulic fluid you use should be Kubota UDT compliant, kubota does not go by weights of fluid.

Being that your up north 5w40 or 5w30 is a better choice, just make sure it says diesel compatible.

Just remember cheap oil and cheap fluids can mean some very expensive repairs down the line. ;)

mattwithcats

Jun 17, 2017
Virginia
Oil should be CJ4 or CK4 rated...
If you have a diesel particulate filter, stick to the newer CK4 rating...

The first number is viscosity when cold, how well it flows when cold...
0W flows a lot better than 15W below freezing...

The second number is viscosity when hot, -30 is thinner than -40 when hot...

A lot of people have had good luck with Shell Rotella T6 in 5W-40, it runs well...
It’s little brother, T6 in 0W-40, the Arctic version, would also be a good choice in cold climates (Canada)...

In most cases, the Kubota filter is the same price as a good competitor...
Use a high quality filter if you use a competitor oil filter, NAPA Gold, Wix Black can, Fram Ultra, etc

Baldwin B1431 is a 4 inch long version of Kubota HH150-32094...

Last edited: