B7500 PTO operation

BobReed12

Equipment
2001 B7500, LA302 FEL, 60" MMM, 48" straight blade, 48" box scraper, 42" tiller
Apr 1, 2012
Walton, Kentucky
Hello I have searched for this and can not find any information in my manuals nor on the forums so I figured I would make my first post.

I have a 2001 B7500 and when I engage the MMM PTO the rear PTO also engages is it supposed to? The picture on the side shifter shows that only the MMM PTO should be engaged and not the rear when set at 2500. Today I had the tiller on back and engaged my deck to listen for a strange sound it was making and well tilled up that part of the yard. :eek: When I engage the rear only the rear operates as the picture by the shifter shows? I just bought this tractor a couple months ago and other than do a complete service on it and read my manuals front to back I have little seat time on it, but am no stranger to tractors.

Thanks for any information and this site has been a HUGE help to me even though this is my first post..

Felix1

Mar 24, 2012
NC
My BX works the way you've explained...three position lever...2500 RPM mid-PTO only, 540 RPM rear-PTO only and Both.

Can't say for sure that the B and BX operate similarly but it sounds like they do. I wonder if maybe you have a shifter linkage out of adjustment?

Rusty46

Equipment
B7500 HSD-R, LA 302, RCK60-24B, Woods RB-72, Millcreek 25, Harrow, Payne PF800,
I have a 2001 B7500 and when I engage the MMM PTO the rear PTO also engages is it supposed to?
Bob - I have a 2003 B7500 HSD and the PTO operates just as you describe. PTO position 1 (lever to rear) is rear pto only @ 540 rpm. Position 2 (lever to front) is both rear @ 960 rpm and mid @ 2500 rpm.

Look in your Tractor Operating Manual for the PTO section. In my manual the lever positions are shown in Figure F-11674A. My B7500 came new with a PTO Shaft Cap to cover the rear PTO shaft when not connected to an implement. This cap and the hinged PTO Shaft Cover are described on the last page of the PTO section.

Best wishes!

BobReed12

Equipment
2001 B7500, LA302 FEL, 60" MMM, 48" straight blade, 48" box scraper, 42" tiller
Apr 1, 2012
Walton, Kentucky
Thanks for the reply. I reviewed my manual again per your suggestion Rusty and I believe everything may be working as designed. It looks like maybe the prior owner moved the restricting plate to the side allowing for the 960 on the rear? I wonder if I slide this back over if it will still allow the MMM to still run, but prevent the rear 960 pto from running. I will have to check once I go back out to my farm and see. Otherwise I guess you just can not run the MMM with something attached to the rear pto. I do not have one of the rear pto covers and feel I may need to get one of them so that everyone is safe even when nothing is hooked up. Levers get bumped and I would hate for someone to get hurt.

Thanks again

G-Man

Equipment
B7500, ZD221
Jul 27, 2012
Excelsior, AR
When the restricted plate is moved/removed and the mid PTO is running the rear will in fact run at the 960 by design. The only thing the restricted plate does is to stop you from moving the PTO to the mid PTO position.

Calmanut

Equipment
Kubota B7500 - Mid Mounted Mower - Rear PTO connected to Rotary Hoe
Mar 19, 2015
Mt Tamborine Australia
Thanks for the reply. I reviewed my manual again per your suggestion Rusty and I believe everything may be working as designed. It looks like maybe the prior owner moved the restricting plate to the side allowing for the 960 on the rear? I wonder if I slide this back over if it will still allow the MMM to still run, but prevent the rear 960 pto from running. I will have to check once I go back out to my farm and see. Otherwise I guess you just can not run the MMM with something attached to the rear pto. I do not have one of the rear pto covers and feel I may need to get one of them so that everyone is safe even when nothing is hooked up. Levers get bumped and I would hate for someone to get hurt.

Thanks again
So what was the final outcome for this? I am experiencing the exact same issue with my 2000 Kubota B7500.

Is it that the rear PTO will ALWAYS run when I shift the MMM into operation at 2500 RPM and there is nothing I can do about it? :confused:

This would mean that I can never leave the Rotary Hoe on the back and use the MMM at the same time? Is that correct? :confused:

If so it would mean that I need to remove the hoe every time I mow. I mow more than I hoe, but the thing is bloody difficult to get on and off.:(

Thanks in advance from an extreme newbie. :D