B7200 4x4 Front Axle seal collar replacement

Orangefox40

Equipment
B7200HSD_FEL+Blade, 1986
Jan 2, 2010
Haliburton, Ontario, Canada
The seal collar on my B7200HST 4wd in the front axle lower end is leaking like a sieve and I'm in the process of separating the front axle. The shop manual is helpful to a point but does not describe how to get at the seal collar (#14 - Pg. M.5-4)without disassembling the entire front axle gear case etc. Can anyone give me some pointers on how best to replace this seal without taking the entire thing apart. Any and all advice is very much appreciated. :eek:
Thanks,
Ron

Orangefox40

Equipment
B7200HSD_FEL+Blade, 1986
Jan 2, 2010
Haliburton, Ontario, Canada
Hi All,
If anyone's listening out there, I did manged to separate the Bevel Gear Case from the Front Axle Case. The bad seal is in the swivel joint between the two. So the answer to my question is, Yes, you do have to disassemble the entire Bevel Gear Case, after you remove it from the main axle arm, to get at the "Seal collars" (there 2 of them in each axle assembly. I also found a broken bearing race so I feel better about having taken it apart as there really were bad component if there. You do have to be carefull not to break bolts off as they likely haven't been moved since the day of manufacture. I was, perhaps, luck as I only broke 2 off. The other item of note here is that the bearings and seals are pressure fit so will need a hydraulic press to remove them from the housings and install new ones.
Have a great day,
Ron