B7100DT - Done

gktilton

Equipment
79 B7100 w/ FEL, Deere 261 Finish Mwr, Woods M4 Bush Hg, Potato Plow, Cultivator
May 5, 2010
Hooksett, NH
Been working on this for a little while, did the following:

Fixed Rust, Built custom mounts, Installed Loader (Kwikway garden tractor loader from the 70's), plumbed loader, Fixed Radiator Leaks, removed loader, painted tractor, painted loader, installed loader, purchased ROPS, installed rops. Time to get it dirty. I also need to replace most of the hoses on the loader, so I didn't bother taping them while I painted.

Last edited:

300zx

Equipment
1979 B7100D, 2009 ZG20, 1991 B2150, 1990 B6200
Dec 1, 2010
Forest, VA
It really looks great! What kind of paint did you use for the chassis?

gktilton

Equipment
79 B7100 w/ FEL, Deere 261 Finish Mwr, Woods M4 Bush Hg, Potato Plow, Cultivator
May 5, 2010
Hooksett, NH
It's the rattle cans of Kubota blue from the dealership. I just wish they stocked the quarts, would have been easier on the fingers.

The orange is the valspar tractor paint, I am not nearly as pleased with it. It's much softer.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
It's the rattle cans of Kubota blue from the dealership. I just wish they stocked the quarts, would have been easier on the fingers.

The orange is the valspar tractor paint, I am not nearly as pleased with it. It's much softer.
Can you get the orange also, from Kubota?
Regardless, it looks great! Even if the paint shade isn't perfect, I'm sure it's a vast improvement!

gktilton

Equipment
May 5, 2010
Hooksett, NH
Can you get the orange also, from Kubota?
Regardless, it looks great! Even if the paint shade isn't perfect, I'm sure it's a vast improvement!
Yes they had the orange it was just double the price and I am CHEAP. In this instance I would have paid the extra if I had realized how soft it was. Not a big deal just had to touch up the orange after assembly.

The pics look a little better than the tractor does, but right after that was taken I turned my compost pile. That layer will cover everything I missed.

I am pleased with how it came out and it will need annual touch ups as it will be worked hard.

gktilton

Equipment
May 5, 2010
Hooksett, NH
Thanks, I am happy with it, my main goal was to remove the eye-sore factor from it and protect it from rust. I should have gone with the Kubota paint for the Orange, the color is fine with this stuff but its a softer paint. I have 1/2 a quart for touch ups so I think I will be OK.

Thanks everyone for the kind words.