B7100 with b219 fel

westtexus

Equipment
B7100DT, 4' Rhino shredder, or rotary mower, B219 fel
Jul 20, 2010
Near Hale Center, TX
Hi, new member here.

I have a 1984 B7100 with b219 fel. the fan belt broke, and I cant figure out how to get the belt past the shaft from the crank to the front loader pump. If anyone can help with this please let me know how to go about it.

GpaG

Equipment
Ford 9N, Kubota B6000 with FEL
Jan 25, 2010
Penyrn, CA, USA
I've got a B6000 with a B219 loader. The loader pump is driven off the front of the crankshaft using a short extension shaft and two chain couplings. It sounds like yours may be also. My tractor was already "scattered" when I put the belt on, but I think if I had to replace the belt now the radiator and shroud would have to come off to get access to take apart the chain coupling closest to the engine so I could get the belt on/off. Hope that helps.

westtexus

Equipment
Jul 20, 2010
Near Hale Center, TX
i thoulght of trying that, but wanted to see if anyone had more info. Do you know what holds the shaft to the crank pulley?

GpaG

Equipment
Ford 9N, Kubota B6000 with FEL
Jan 25, 2010
Penyrn, CA, USA
On mine the crank pulley has a short round shaft coming out of it, part of the pulley itself. The chain coupler slides over that round shaft and there is a set screw. I hope there is a flat on the shaft for the set screw, but I don't know since I haven't had that apart. It seems to work OK.

westtexus

Equipment
Jul 20, 2010
Near Hale Center, TX
mine has two sets of chains that look to be coupling the shaft together, in three peices. if I remove both sets of chains and remove the center part of the shaft and can remove the part that attaches to crank, that may be easier to do in order to replace belt.

westtexus

Equipment
Jul 20, 2010
Near Hale Center, TX
Got it!

I proped the fel up on a 55 gal steel drum to hold it. and worked from underneath. Removed the farthest forward chain holding the shafts together, and removed the hyd pump from the front mount, and placed it out of the way.

Then was able to install fan belt by loosening the radiator mount bolts and pushing belt under bottom pulley and up into engine area. Was able to work the belt around the fan blades by holding belt steady and moving fan by hand.

Adjusted belt and tightened radiator mount bolts, replaced front hyd pump, and replaced coupling chains.

It took a while, but I think much faster than removing radiator, and would still have had to remove front pump to get belt over shaft.

Many thanks for your input!