B7100 with B219 FEL...slop at the lower bucket to arm mount

procraftmike

Equipment
1977 B7100DT w/B219 FEL
Jan 27, 2016
Neenah, WI
While doing my normal spring maintenance, I am starting to notice quite a bit of play where the FEL arm is pinned to the lower part of the bucket. I can see the the holes are getting egged out. I have never had the bucket off, so I am not sure what is actually down there, if it is a bushing, or some other arrangement. There is a cotter pin that has to be pulled, then one can slide the pin out. I am sure others have had this issue on older tractors and possibly fixed it.

What is the best way to fix this?

Thanks!!

Chesapeake

Equipment
B6100
Apr 1, 2021
Washington
Don’t have help, but will tag along. My bucket pins are similarly loose and I think the slop contributes to the cylinder shaft contacting the metal limit stop tab on the loader arm when the bucket is at full dump position.

jenkinsr

There are no bushings. My holes were egg shaped in the bucket causing the slop. I welded the holes up and redrilled them and installed new pins. I also welded large washers to the bucket to add more thickness to the bucket to make it stronger. Or get larger pins and drill holes to next size larger pin! there is no easy fix

Motion

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota MX5100HST/FEL
Aug 17, 2020
Mandeville Louisiana
All pivots will wear. I believe you can't over grease the pivots on a FEL. Us a good quality grease, ensure the zerk fittings are clean and wipe off excess, especially if working with sandy soils. Just my .02

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Mine are a little loose, but not bad yet. If I ever get the time, or have some kind of a failure that necessitates sooner action, I will bore/ream/sleeve the hole in the arms, drill/ream/bore the holes in the bucket ears, and then fabricate step bushings & tack them in place. I will replace/turn/sleeve the pins as necessary.
But I have a machine shop, so it's a little easier for me.

Attachments

Chesapeake

Equipment
B6100
Apr 1, 2021
Washington
I have a Miller 180. Does that count? LOL
Yes, my holes are oblong. Will have to address at some point.

Last edited:

procraftmike

Equipment
1977 B7100DT w/B219 FEL
Jan 27, 2016
Neenah, WI
I need to bring the tractor back from my hunting land to my cottage in a few weeks to clean it up and install a lightbar on the ROPS. I will take the bucket off at that time and work out a plan to address the egged out holes at the lower connection point. I have a welder and a drill, so I will make something happen...lol

Thanks for the information and ideas!