B7100 - What is this and can I use this for what I want

gktilton

Equipment
79 B7100 w/ FEL, Deere 261 Finish Mwr, Woods M4 Bush Hg, Potato Plow, Cultivator
May 5, 2010
Hooksett, NH
This frame extension was on my B7100 when I bought it.

What was it originally used for and is it strong enough to support a small loader.

I have an old Sears Garden Tractor that needs work, but it has a great working KwikWay loader on it. My thoughts are to cut the square metal pieces that are welded to the angle iron brace across the bottom and I can weld the mounting cross member to the angle iron. I can easily fabricate the rest of the pieces, but I wanted to know what this was before I cut it.

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/kubotagallery/?page=1&image=186

cappys tractor

Equipment
B6000 and Husqvarna mower (hey, it's orange too!)
Jan 18, 2010
Cape Cod, Ma
looks to me like that is a mount for a MMM mid mount mower.

a fel frame goes from about where this starts, all the way to the front.

i believe a fel frame would have uprights on it, and this appears to have an 'axle' type hole in it which would sort of indicate something riding down from it, in between the wheels

Amishkingpin

Equipment
B7100 HST with FEL,Tiller,Rotary Mower and Box grader
Feb 19, 2009
Columbus, Ohio,USA
gktilton,

I would say it is for a FEL, with the up right brackets are missing.

I have a B7100 with a DuAl model 95 FEL, the frame brackets look just like this. I have pictures and a manual for the FEL if you are interested.

Good Luck,

AK

gktilton

Equipment
79 B7100 w/ FEL, Deere 261 Finish Mwr, Woods M4 Bush Hg, Potato Plow, Cultivator
May 5, 2010
Hooksett, NH
gktilton,

I would say it is for a FEL, with the up right brackets are missing.

I have a B7100 with a DuAl model 95 FEL, the frame brackets look just like this. I have pictures and a manual for the FEL if you are interested.

Good Luck,

AK
Thanks AK, I would love some pictures of the loader mounted to the frame. Seeing how your loader attaches to this frame would help me fabricate mounts for my uprights on my loader to hit this frame bracket.

gktilton

Equipment
May 5, 2010
Hooksett, NH
Ya, that looks like something do-able! With that frame mount set up, your loader is half installed!

Vic
Thanks, and since you have answered that 1/2 of my puzzle, I will throw the other one at you. What is the thread size and opening diameter for the auxiliary hydraulic valve, mounted under the seat of my B7100. It appears that the plug for the Transmission fill is the same size and I will need to convert from my 1/2" SAE hydraulic hoses over to whatever these are. I would take the cap for the Transmission fill into the store and try to match them up, but it is cracked and needs replacing and I don't think I could match to it. Thanks again.

Amishkingpin

Equipment
B7100 HST with FEL,Tiller,Rotary Mower and Box grader
Feb 19, 2009
Columbus, Ohio,USA
gktilton,

Here you go, I took a few pics to give you some different views. Send me a private message if you would like me to email you more, I have 10 more pictures from different angles.

Good Luck on the project.

Let me know how it turns out!

AK

Attachments

gktilton

Equipment
May 5, 2010
Hooksett, NH
gktilton,

Here you go, I took a few pics to give you some different views. Send me a private message if you would like me to email you more, I have 10 more pictures from different angles.

Good Luck on the project.

Let me know how it turns out!

AK
Thanks, I got the pictures they will definately help.:)