B7100 steering shaft play

wisc6000

Equipment
B6000
Nov 20, 2011
Wisconsin under duress
My kid just picked up a manual trans B7100. As typical it has steering issues. The steering box was replaced at some juncture with a grey one. Yeah I know,, nice details. The drag link also has some small cobbled rod end on it at the front axle. I just ordered a rg thread tie rod end for $15 and hopefully that'll fabricobble fix it.

The steering box has slop in the sector shaft. Are there any bushings or other cure available to fix this?

Otherwise it seems ok with 1000 something showing on the now defunct hour meter. The radiator cap is shot and the owner said yeah It made steam a couple weeks ago. Well if the radiator wasn't totally clogged with dandelion seeds it probably wouldn't have. Everything other than the horn works so it followed me home.

Thanks in advance for suggestions on the steering box.

Last edited:

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Try ad
My kid just picked up a manual trans B7100. As typical it has steering issues. The steering box was replaced at some juncture with a grey one. Yeah I know,, nice details. The drag link also has some small cobbled rod end on it at the front axle. I just ordered a rg thread tie rod end for $15 and hopefully that'll fabricobble fix it.

The steering box has slop in the sector shaft. Are there any bushings or other cure available to fix this?

Otherwise it seems ok with 1000 something showing on the now defunct hour meter. The radiator cap is shot and the owner said yeah It made steam a couple weeks ago. Well if the radiator wasn't totally clogged with dandelion seeds it probably wouldn't have. Everything other than the horn works so it followed me home.

Thanks in advance for suggestions on the steering box.
Try adjusting the steering box following these steps.

The adjustment is on the end of the sector shaft

forum B7100 steering adjust.jpg

Dave