B7100 Oil Pressure Issues

kcw12

Equipment
B7100HST-D
May 21, 2013
Eckerty IN
Hey guys, i have a b7100 with approx 800 hours on it.

There is a slight leak in the radiator that is getting fixed very shortly, it also needs a cap, but i watch the whistle very closely and its not over heating, maybe getting a little warm.

I just changed the Oil in it, with some kendall 15w-40 HD diesel oil and wix filter. It had im not sure what weight oil in it, but it was like water in it and a fram filter. It had this issue before, i changed the oil.

The issue is when i mow with it (rc60-71b deck) for approximately 30-45 minutes and i idle down the tractor to pick up a stick or something im going to mow over, the oil light will flicker or come on. It cools down, the oil light will be off again.

Yesterday when i mowed, got done, idle it down, the light came on, i shut it off. and was off the tractor for approx 3 minutes, fired it back up, and the light stayed off the rest of the day. 3 minutes isn't really enough time for it to cool down that much.

Could it be the sending unit?????? Cam Plug? I would put a gauge on it, but having issues figuring out what thread type that sending unit is, i know its metric but not sure what it is for an adapter. Also when i get the radiator out this eve, and take it to the shop to get the leak fixed (leaking around the top hose port) im going to put a new cap on it, new hoses and a new fan belt weather it needs it or not, the radiator is out and itll make it much easier to get to. Also going to get what I normally put in all my engines, 20w-50 Lucas Oil, and a Kubota filter.

Stubbyie

Jul 1, 2010
Midcontinent
Sending unit on most of these tractors seem to be 1/8-in BST--NOT NPT or IPT.

Don't cram the wrong thread into the hole.

And no promises about the BST thread but you give it try by feeling as you hand-thread in an adapter after removing old unit and having its threads measured by thread guage or qualified machine shop.

Agree with previous poster: start with sending unit. Don't neglect the radiator.

Please advise in response that we may all learn.

kcw12

Equipment
B7100HST-D
May 21, 2013
Eckerty IN
Fixed tha radiator put a new fan belt on it, changed the oil agian, this time using 15w-40 lucas, and a fleet guard filter. MOwed with it, and the light doesnt come on anymore. I am gonna get a gauge on it though, just dont trust that switch.

ALso how hard was it to get into where that cam plug is?

tmessenger

Equipment
B7100D P
Feb 17, 2013
Fairfield, IA
You'll need to pull the hood, radiator, alternator housing, pulleys, drop the front end down then pull the timing cover. I replaced the front crank seal and repacked the alternator bearings (they were getting dry) while I was at it.

Tim