B7100 HST won't start

Fishbone

Equipment
B7100
Jul 28, 2012
Colorado, USA
Hey guys,
New to the forum, but have come across several times when I have been in need of assistance. Here I am again, but no one else appears to have discussed my new issue.
I was moving around 20 yards of dirt and put the B7100 away for the nght. I went out in the morning to continue, but would not turn over. The oil light came on (very weak), so I figured I left the key in the run position. I jumped her and moved her to do some work on the seat. Left for a few hours and when I came back, I had to jump her again. I let her run for a half hour thinking the battery would charge. Turned her off and replaced the seat. When I went to start again, no oil light or glow plug. I tried to jump and still no luck. I have cleaned the negative ground (not very dirty and no rust) and went through the 3 fuses (had to replace one). Still, no turn, oil lamp or glow plugs.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Greg

murky

Mar 30, 2012
Vancouver, WA
You probably know this but I think you need to run high rpm to charge the battery. If you just left it idling it may not charge.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
I agree- the battery should be the first thing checked. You can do this virtually for free, and a bad battery can cause all sorts of issues.

Fishbone

Equipment
B7100
Jul 28, 2012
Colorado, USA
Battery is six months old. I am not very "electrically" inclined and am waiting on a buddy to bring his testing equipment on the battery. I will check the line closest to the battery and once I get the results on the voltage, post again. Thanks for the ideas.

Fishbone

Equipment
B7100
Jul 28, 2012
Colorado, USA
Thanks guys for all your support. I am not electrically inclined and get over sensitive. Even though the battery was new, it was the battery. Thank god I got the one with the warranty.