B7100-HST reverse pedal

Barke

Equipment
B7100 D
Jul 28, 2010
riverside, CA USA
I am operating a B7100-HST and the reverse pedal has become very hard to operate. I have removed the transmission tunnel cover (between the seat and the steering column). There is a web-type belt there which is coming apart. This belt is wrapped around the drive shaft. When the pedal is depressed for reverse an idler comes in contact with this belt.
I have contacted my local dealer and they have sent a diagram of the drive shaft in that area... no belt, just a CV type coupling and a straight shaft. I cannot use this tractor in this condition.

Does anyone have any experience with this issue and maybe any ideas on how to fix this??

Last edited:

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
You'll have to send us some pictures of this. As far as I know the only belt on a B7100 is the fan belt!

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
I agree with eserv on that my B 7100 has no belt there. Have you greased that fitting for the peddle may be a easy fix. It has a zerk fitting. handy

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
Is there a detent ball there too guys? seems to me that i've heard that before. i've got a mechanical 7100.

kytim

Kene1023

Equipment
B7100, L4200DT, 5' bushog, 4'bushog 7' BB, 6' disks, single plow, 8' flail mower
Jan 5, 2010
Ocala, Florida, USA
If your cruse control lever is the least bit elevated it has a reverse lock out so you cannot cruse in reverse. Make sure that the lever is pushed all the way down. A knee or foot can bump it up a little bit and it will not let the reverse petal all the way down. You might get a little backwards movement, but it will seem restricted. it has nothing to do with your HST just the cruse lever.
Ken