B7100 HST Radiator cover/guard

Whit

Equipment
B7100HST
Aug 16, 2022
Australia
I have ordered a new radiator guard from Kubota, I believe I have all the brackets etc.
How exactly does the guard go on the radiator? it is not clear to me how it is installed from the parts diagram below.

1675924861233.png

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
It's held on by spring clips 90, 80, 100.

Reactions: 1 user

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
As NIW said - it is held on by those clips.

It is somewhat a "PITA" to put on and off - you must raise the hood up a bit, pull the entire screen up so the bottom of the guard up about a 15 mm and then the bottom will release, then swing swing out and the top releases.

On one of mine I had to make a new set of clips on the bottom half to catch the screen.

I will say it is somewhat rare to have the screen guard - most of the B7100's I have seen sold never had the radiator screen.

Last time I looked those screen were CRAZY expensive - Whit, what did you pay for it?

Reactions: 1 users

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin

It is somewhat a "PITA" to put on and off - you must raise the hood up a bit, pull the entire screen up so the bottom of the guard up about a 15 mm and then the bottom will release, then swing swing out and the top releases.

On one of mine I had to make a new set of clips on the bottom half to catch the screen.

I will say it is somewhat rare to have the screen guard - most of the B7100's I have seen sold never had the radiator screen.

Last time I looked those screen were CRAZY expensive - Whit, what did you pay for it?
I was surprised and maybe fortunate that my B7100 , which was 10 years old when purchased by me, had the screen. It was damaged and missing the emblem. As 85hokie mentioned it is awkward to install/remove. As well thought out and engineered as these great little tractors are , the screen fall short IMHO.

In this picture you can see one of the bottom pins that 'clips" on to clip, part 100.

IMG_8434.JPG

IMG_8435.JPG

Lencho

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100hst
Jan 21, 2017
NM
I may be the odd duck, but I think the screen works pretty well to protect the radiator. I run a chipper/shredder frequently and the screen catches the fine organic dust and my radiator doesn’t clog. I can wipe the screen off while working. At the end of the day just lift the screen up a bit and pull the bottom out from spring #100 and I blow the radiator clear with my air compressor. No need to move the hood.

Reactions: 2 users

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
I found the lower clips insufficient -- the cover would eventually vibrate out of position. Replaced them with a machine screw through the side of the cover.

Whit

Equipment
B7100HST
Aug 16, 2022
Australia

Thanks fo the tips, it does look very fiddle to get on.
Yes pretty crazy expensive, it was $215AUD here in Australia from Kubota. I had to get a new radiator so I thought I better get the guard to keep the finer stuff out of the radiator. If it lasts another 10 to 20 years I will be happy with that. I am going to build a heavier duty brush guard in front to protect it.

Whit

Equipment
B7100HST
Aug 16, 2022
Australia
I was surprised and maybe fortunate that my B7100 , which was 10 years old when purchased by me, had the screen. It was damaged and missing the emblem. As 85hokie mentioned it is awkward to install/remove. As well thought out and engineered as these great little tractors are , the screen fall short IMHO.

In this picture you can see one of the bottom pins that 'clips" on to clip, part 100.

View attachment 95589

View attachment 95590
The new one I bought didn't come with the emblem either. I missed it missing on the parts diagram.

Lencho

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100hst
Jan 21, 2017
NM
The new one I bought didn't come with the emblem either. I missed it missing on the parts diagram.
I think you will get the hang of removing and replacing the screen. At first I was putting the pin below the clip. Once I figured out how to slide it above clip 100 it worked well. Post some photos when you get a chance.