B7100 hst hydraulic problems

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
An alternative might be to use slightly longer bolts to mount the hydraulic block, and fabricate some spacers. That was my back-up plan if I was unable to gently and slightly bend the hard pipe by drawing in the block with the bolts.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
An alternative might be to use slightly longer bolts to mount the hydraulic block, and fabricate some spacers. That was my back-up plan if I was unable to gently and slightly bend the hard pipe by drawing in the block with the bolts.
See my edit of my previous edited thoughts.

Dan

torch

Equipment
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Ah. I didn't clue in that you have a B7200. That's different. Your hydraulic block has the integrated by-pass valve for a FEL, rather than the square block with replaceable cover used on the B7100.

However, if anything, it think it would be easier on the B7200, as there is so much more pipe between the hydraulic block and the 3ph compared to the short length between the B7100 pump and hydraulic block. More pipe = less deflection required to absorb the excess length.

I don't think it is a flare nut. It looks too small in both length and diameter (although it's hard to be accurate working from a photo). It looks more like a compression fitting, possibly 3/8". If so, I don't think I would attempt to shorten the pipe at the compression fitting. It needs to be shortened less than the length of the ferrule from the end of the pipe. However, if access is available somewhere along it's length, a compression coupling would allow removal of the 1/4" or so required. A 3/8" compression fitting is typically rated for over 2,000psi. I would measure very carefully first though, and ensure it really is 3/8". There are some rare metric tube sizes out there and it is possible that Kubota used a metric diameter tube like 10mm

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Ah. I didn't clue in that you have a B7200. That's different. Your hydraulic block has the integrated by-pass valve for a FEL, rather than the square block with replaceable cover used on the B7100.

However, if anything, it think it would be easier on the B7200, as there is so much more pipe between the hydraulic block and the 3ph compared to the short length between the B7100 pump and hydraulic block. More pipe = less deflection required to absorb the excess length.

I don't think it is a flare nut. It looks too small in both length and diameter (although it's hard to be accurate working from a photo). It looks more like a compression fitting, possibly 3/8". If so, I don't think I would attempt to shorten the pipe at the compression fitting. It needs to be shortened less than the length of the ferrule from the end of the pipe. However, if access is available somewhere along it's length, a compression coupling would allow removal of the 1/4" or so required. A 3/8" compression fitting is typically rated for over 2,000psi. I would measure very carefully first though, and ensure it really is 3/8". There are some rare metric tube sizes out there and it is possible that Kubota used a metric diameter tube like 10mm
Looks like glare nut to me put it doesnt matter. I have a well equipped hydraulic shop and i can match just about anything.

Dan

bmwmike

Equipment
B7100, 1640A loader, tiller, box blade, grader blade, carry all. John deere 455,
Jan 13, 2013
clarksville, Tn.
Same here - order comfirmation but no shipping yet. Give its a weekend not surprising. I will be interested in how your install goes. The pressure side hard line is a banjo connection to the pump and will undoubtedly require some persuasion to get it to line up with the longer pump. I will wait to hear how you fare before undertaking a transplant on mine.

Dan
After looking mine over, it looks like it is going to be a PIA to change especially with the FEL on, and that is going to be hard to take off with out hydraulic. I will let you know how it goes.

I ordered the base gasket from Kubota . $5.00 for a small gasket, I should have just made one. But I have to go to the dealer for hydraulic fluid anyway .

Still no shipping infro about the pump.

mike

torch

Equipment
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Ok, you can see it in person so you are probably right then. But let us know, just for posterity. ;)

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
After looking mine over, it looks like it is going to be a PIA to change especially with the FEL on, and that is going to be hard to take off with out hydraulic. I will let you know how it goes.

I ordered the base gasket from Kubota . $5.00 for a small gasket, I should have just made one. But I have to go to the dealer for hydraulic fluid anyway .

mike
My loader will come off because i also have to split the tractor for a transmission repair. I got a tracking number on Sunday.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us

mike
Fedex says my pump has been received and is "in transit" - last known location Paisley UK.

DAN

bmwmike

Equipment
B7100, 1640A loader, tiller, box blade, grader blade, carry all. John deere 455,
Jan 13, 2013
clarksville, Tn.
Update: New pump is installed and works great. I did have to remove the FEL, not as hard as I thought , pump fit is tight but doable . Changed the engine oil and filter only had 28 hrs on it. I debated changing the hydraulic oil and filter also only had 28 hrs. on it. But it would bug me , so I changed hydro oil and filter and cleaned the the screens, oil that came out was clean and screens had nothing on them.

I did discover the cause of the problem, operator error not mechanical. I was pushing tree limbs into the woods and one of the branches hit just right on the quick connect on the hydraulic block and released the hose, which dead headed the pump and blew the seal. The hose did not come all the way out , so i did not see that it was loose until I started to take the FEL off and the hose fell off in my hand.

I could of just resealed the pump ( which I am going to and keep for a spare), but I wanted the larger volume pump , so I can divert about one gal. to my power steering unit

mike

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Update: New pump is installed and works great. I did have to remove the FEL, not as hard as I thought , pump fit is tight but doable . Changed the engine oil and filter only had 28 hrs on it. I debated changing the hydraulic oil and filter also only had 28 hrs. on it. But it would bug me , so I changed hydro oil and filter and cleaned the the screens, oil that came out was clean and screens had nothing on them.

I did discover the cause of the problem, operator error not mechanical. I was pushing tree limbs into the woods and one of the branches hit just right on the quick connect on the hydraulic block and released the hose, which dead headed the pump and blew the seal. The hose did not come all the way out , so i did not see that it was loose until I started to take the FEL off and the hose fell off in my hand.

I could of just resealed the pump ( which I am going to and keep for a spare), but I wanted the larger volume pump , so I can divert about one gal. to my power steering unit

mike
I am still waiting on the pump I ordered. Guess you did not opt for the economy shipping option :unsure:

Dan

torch

Equipment
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Cool! Thanks for the update. I kept my old one as a spare as well.

I think I mentioned somewhere that while there was a measurable increase in flow, it was not as much of an increase as I expected. On the order of 20% at full throttle. My seat-of-the-pants impression was that the increase was bigger at 1/2 throttle, but I didn't have the foresight to measure the original pump's performance at 1/2 throttle, so that might be wishful thinking.

If you are adding power steering, I think that generally involves adding a priority valve as well, so you may not see any increase in FEL speed at all. But at least you shouldn't see a noticeable decrease either!

bmwmike

Equipment
Jan 13, 2013
clarksville, Tn.
Cool! Thanks for the update. I kept my old one as a spare as well.

I think I mentioned somewhere that while there was a measurable increase in flow, it was not as much of an increase as I expected. On the order of 20% at full throttle. My seat-of-the-pants impression was that the increase was bigger at 1/2 throttle, but I didn't have the foresight to measure the original pump's performance at 1/2 throttle, so that might be wishful thinking.

If you are adding power steering, I think that generally involves adding a priority valve as well, so you may not see any increase in FEL speed at all. But at least you shouldn't see a noticeable decrease either!

I added power steering several years ago and it did decrease the flow for the FEL. It was not so great of a decrease that it really affected what I do with the tractor, I even have a small power steering pump that I was going to mount on the tractor but I would have to cut the side panel an mount the pump on the side , an after think about it I did not like the look. So the increase volume with the new pump and an adjustable priority valve should give me better performance .

mike