B7100 HST B670 Backhoe Seat Base FS

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I have a B7100 HST B670 Backhoe Seat Base that I can't use for sale. $75 plus shipping
Probably could be adapted to fit other tractors or backhoes.
My sad tale of woe is here, posts #142 & #143:
I put a ton of machine work into making this better than new, with one exception, discussed below.
1st pic shows base down & forward facing
2nd pic shows up & rear facing
3rd pic shows mounting "feet" and two different mounting locations for the "leg" pivots
(red arrows current location, yellow shows holes for further forward mounting, green locking pin holes in both locations)

Now for the problem still existing- the slide for adjusting legroom, sliding the seat back & forward.
It was locked up when I got it, but working it back & forth with silicone lube freed it up, although it was not always smooth & sometimes jerky. It uses 1/4" balls as bearings, and it uses tightly rolled springs as rollers to carry the weight..
Rollers run in two large central tracks, and the balls roll in (4) smaller tracks. These tracks have pressed in "dimples" at the ends of the track to keep everything retained. Disassembly would require grinding off the dimples, and welding new dimples in place after reassembly, so I thought I would wait & try it out with my weight on it.
Now that I can't use it, I no longer have any desire to repair it, so the slide will sell as is.
While I was wrestling it on & off the tractor, a 1/4" ball fell out, and a little wiggling, I got (4) balls & two rollers, then the slide itself. I suspect that balls have been dropping out over the years, causing the jerkiness.
Maybe you can use the base without the slide?
If some buys this, I will include 30+ 1/4 balls in the deal.
4th & 5th pics show the slide
6th &7th the "dimples"
8th the balls & rollers

IMG_0068.JPG IMG_0069.JPG IMG_0058arrow.jpg IMG_0064.JPG IMG_0065.JPG IMG_0061.JPG IMG_0062.JPG IMG_0060.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user