B7100 head gasket leak added info

sevengutters

Equipment
B7100hst
Jan 16, 2018
Pa.
I finally got the recon head and gaskets to put the engine back together .
A question the clutch housing was pretty oily . I used brake cleaner to flush it and clean it . Should I buy a new throw out bearing for the HST clutch . The existing one rotates fast and it does have a little play in it and makes a slight rattle noise when it is spun by hand . Is the rattle noise normal and it spins quite loosely .
I'll get some pics before I put it back together
Thanks

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
When you get to the belly of the tractor there is no way I would not replace the throw out bearing, and pilot bushing and pressure plate and clutch disc. It's not really that expensive and will last for years without having to be back in there. Just peace of mind!

sevengutters

Equipment
B7100hst
Jan 16, 2018
Pa.
When you get to the belly of the tractor there is no way I would not replace the throw out bearing, and pilot bushing and pressure plate and clutch disc. It's not really that expensive and will last for years without having to be back in there. Just peace of mind!
Thanks for the input ....

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I would put a new throw out bearing in it and a new pilot bearing in the back of the crank. ;)

sevengutters

Equipment
B7100hst
Jan 16, 2018
Pa.
OK .. Its been along drawn out deal , but thanks to the OTT forum members I finally got my B7100 back together and seems to run good with no leaks :) .
When I got the reman head I did leak down test and it held the denatured with a minimum of weeping after a long period of time on the valves and seats .
I installed new head gasket OEM , the little O ring , clutch housing gasket , pilot bearing and throw out bearing.
I never put the ole girl to work right , but tried it out today and it seems fine and runs good . I will be saying so long to the orange machine as I am looking at a another adventure . If anybody has interest you can PM me . Its a 1991 4 wd b7100 # 95 DuAl Loader and 60" MMM ... I live in York , Pa area . Thanks for all the help and i'll post it in the for sale section with pics
John