B7100 flywheel position

arihoodn

Equipment
B7100 with Loader
Jan 21, 2010
Nineveh, IN
Hello every one, I have tried to search the forums for an answer, but no luck. I am doing a clutch in my gear driven B7100 with the A750 engine. I have the flywheel off and clutch disassembled right now. After cleaning the flywheel up I noticed that there is timing marks on the side for each cylinder. Also there are balancing drill holes on the fly wheel as well. I know that the timing should correspond with the cylinders that is firing, but why is there no key to assure proper alignment? Other than turning the engine over to determine what cylinder is at TDC, is there a way to know the position the flywheel should be installed? Are the balancing holes in the flywheel to externally balance the crank? And the most important question which cylinder is #1 , towards the front of the engine or rear? I assume that the inspection hole on the right side of the bellhousing is where I should set the timing marks?

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
The flywheel bolts are arranged so it can only be installed in the correct position.

arihoodn

Equipment
B7100 with Loader
Jan 21, 2010
Nineveh, IN
Well that was an easy answer, just looking at the bolt positions you cant really tell. I never did try to put it back on yet since I am waiting on parts.