b7100 brake shaft

gmh5ltr

May 28, 2010
australia
can any one help ..i have a b7100 & the right hand rear brake shaft has broken or snaped in half.. cant seem to locate a part number & most of the dealers in aust dont no what i am on about or just dont want to help..

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
I don't know about the brake rod for your tractor sorry. But I do have a tip for B7100 owners. My old house had lots of hills so I was constantly using the brakes. One side got so bad they were grabbing and making a loud noise when I applied them. I ordered new shoes for that side. If I remember correctly it was around $100.00 for the set. When I got the brakes apart only one of the 2 shoes was worn. That worn shoes was actually only worn on one end in about 1/2 inch. The action of applying the shoes forces that edge of one shoe to contact first and apparently do all or most of the braking. If I had simply swapped the shoes front to back on that side and ground away a little of the metal part of the worn shoe I sure my brakes would have been fine. I could have saved the $100.00. So my tip is- If you ever have a rear wheel off your tractor anyway take an extra 45 min and open up the brakes to clean them and swap the shoes front to back. Save yourself some $$

michael496

Equipment
'79 B7100, 5' Massey Ferguson Finish Mower
Feb 26, 2013
Titusville, FL
Mine is broken on the right side too. I'm looking for parts source if I find one I'll let you know. Please PM me if you find a source. Does anyone know if the right and left sides are the same? Just curious in case I find a left side some where.

Matt S

Equipment
B7100
Feb 8, 2015
Sonora, CA, US
Can anyone help. I bought a B7100 with a bad clutch. I split the tractor and replaced clutch etc. I put it all back together and it runs great, I love the little tractor. Since then one day I left my parking brake engaged while driving for about 60 seconds. Ever since my forgetfull mistake the left brake makes noise while rolling for about 50% of the rotation. (Sounds like a minor squealing) I am getting ready to pull the wheel and try to fix it, but I was hoping that someone could give me a clue what to look for.

Thanks

Calman93611

Equipment
Kubota B7100 w/FEL & BH, Kubota B7100 w/FEL and box scraper, Kubota K008,
Mar 8, 2015
Clovis, CA
Hi Matt,

got a question. Was it hard to split your tractor to replace the clutch? Any words of wisdom?