b7100 3 point lift will not work what is wrong

B7100

Equipment
B7100,B7100 with Backhoe and FEL, Goldoni Quad 20
Feb 11, 2010
Wales
my b7100 3 point lift will not spin all it does when i move the lever is whin. what is wrong and how much wil it cost.
hi ,your post is a little confusing,are you saying the lift arms won't lift or the power take off shaft won't turn when you put the lever an the left side into gear,
Has the problem just started or is the tractor new to you?
Dave

deerslayer25

Equipment
b7100
Jul 31, 2011
Hookstown, PA, Beaver
hi ,your post is a little confusing,are you saying the lift arms won't lift or the power take off shaft won't turn when you put the lever an the left side into gear,
Has the problem just started or is the tractor new to you?
Dave
it will not lift. the pto shaft is fine. I just bought it though it has been sitting for awhile. any ideas on what is wrong

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
If the valves are working (moving), maybe the o-rings are used up...

carl

bruceatlam

Equipment
B20, FEL, box blade, flail mower
Aug 20, 2009
Camarillo, California
There should be a round knob located under your seat and sticking out toward the front of the tractor. That knob regulates how fast the 3PH drops. You can rotate that knob left and right to adjust how fast the lift drops. If that knob (valve) is all the way closed, the hitch won't move. Check it.

B7100

Equipment
B7100,B7100 with Backhoe and FEL, Goldoni Quad 20
Feb 11, 2010
Wales
The reason I was confused by the first post was you mentioned "spin" which to my knowledge the tpl does not do.
The only knob I have seen under the seat of a B7100 operates the hydraulic divert valve to the FEL etc and may be turned away from the rear lift which could cause the relief valve to squeal when you operate the lift lever if don't have a FEL.The rate of drop is controlled by a bolt as shown in post 4 here:
http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4395
You still do not say if you have ever had the lift working normally which would be of assistance to those offering help!
Dave

Last edited:

kuboman

Dec 6, 2009
Canada
There is a drop rate valve under the seat. Some have a knob on them most just had a shaft with a pin driven through to turn. If that has been closed your 3pt will not go down. Check this for us so we can help with the diagnosis. You need to lift the seat to access it.

deerslayer25

Equipment
b7100
Jul 31, 2011
Hookstown, PA, Beaver
ok guys thanks for all the help but i fixed my problem today. All it need was some good ol weight forcing it down, i feel so stupid. do any of you guys know how much a whole 3 pt hitch system costs?

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
ok guys thanks for all the help but i fixed my problem today. All it need was some good ol weight forcing it down, i feel so stupid. do any of you guys know how much a whole 3 pt hitch system costs?
That's something, you think twice before you let others konw about it :p

My 3ph would have cost ~$140. But I got it in the package with the traktor.

carl