B7000 grader blade size?

rowboat

Equipment
zb7000
Oct 25, 2010
Galiano Is. BC
I have a b7000 with a three point hitch. I put a 6' light duty blade on the back and was amazed at the load of gravel I could pull along. I am concerned to not strain the tractor and gear though and so am wondering what length of blade would be appropriate for this tractor. Also I am wondering if I could use a 4' rotary brush mower on this same tractor or should I look for something smaller there too?

maximus

Equipment
B7000
Aug 10, 2010
UK
I have a b7000 with a three point hitch. I put a 6' light duty blade on the back and was amazed at the load of gravel I could pull along. I am concerned to not strain the tractor and gear though and so am wondering what length of blade would be appropriate for this tractor. Also I am wondering if I could use a 4' rotary brush mower on this same tractor or should I look for something smaller there too?
Hi Rowboat,

Welcome to the forum.

I also have a B7000 and constantly amazed at the power that little 2 cylinder engine can put out. It actually has more power than the 3 cylinder B7100 (18 hp compared to 16hp).

6' sounds a bit big to me! I would be more comfortable with 4'.

I have a 4' bush cutter and it has no problems handling it.

A 6' grader however.... that's a lot of gravel to be digging up!:D

I'm sure someone else will come along and give you some other advice.

rowboat

Equipment
zb7000
Oct 25, 2010
Galiano Is. BC
Hey Maximus, thanks for responding. The 6' seems long but if I go with 4' then the blade doesn't cover the full width of the tractor when fully angled. Will have to think about that one. Nice to know you use a 4' mower with no problem.

Marty394

Equipment
L3010 w/ Cab, RCR 1560, RB 1584, SMC Loader, KK II 60" Gear Drive Tiller
Feb 28, 2010
Wisconsin
If it were mine I would go with what ever will cover the tire track when angled. My l3010 has a 5' track outside width. I use a 7' blade and it works great for moving snow and grading a mile of gravel road. It'll let you know when you have bit off more than you can handle. When all 4 tires are slipping and your not making any forward progress it's time to raise it up a little!!

Bob

rowboat

Equipment
zb7000
Oct 25, 2010
Galiano Is. BC
Yup. think I'm going to cut it down so it just covers the tractor width when angled and try it out for awhile. Your welcome to the end cuts Dusty!