B6200 mower deck rc48

raccoonrider

Equipment
B6200
May 3, 2024
Louisville ky
I bought a b6200 gear a month or two ago and it came with the rc60 deck. Unfortunately on my hills I feel like it's overloading this little tractor and I wanted to see about getting the rc48. I can tell this is a less common deck but I commonly see the rc48 that was designed for the kubota lawn tractors for sale. It's clear these aren't the same as they don't have the tractor mounting arms. Anyone know if brackets for my rc60 would come off and go on the rc48 to mount to the tractor or is this something that would require welding and more trouble than it's worth?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I bought a b6200 gear a month or two ago and it came with the rc60 deck. Unfortunately on my hills I feel like it's overloading this little tractor and I wanted to see about getting the rc48. I can tell this is a less common deck but I commonly see the rc48 that was designed for the kubota lawn tractors for sale. It's clear these aren't the same as they don't have the tractor mounting arms. Anyone know if brackets for my rc60 would come off and go on the rc48 to mount to the tractor or is this something that would require welding and more trouble than it's worth?
There is a lot more that is different between the two decks.
Input speed might even be one of those factors.

N3BP

Equipment
B7200DT, B7200HST-D, L2900GST, L3010 HST TLB
Sep 20, 2016
Lebanon, PA
The brackets that mount to the tractor are the same for both decks, however, that's about where the similarities end. Since you have a gear drive, you specifically need a RC48-62F deck. This is designed to run of the front PTO shaft (crank pulley) for its power. I'm hoping for your sake the lever controlled clutch system between the two decks is the same, or your after some hard to find parts. I'm attaching two pics of the RC48 decks so you know what to be on the lookout for. What you don't want is the RC48-62H deck as this will only work with HST machines since they were optioned with mid-pto's.

Attachments

raccoonrider

Equipment
B6200
May 3, 2024
Louisville ky
The brackets that mount to the tractor are the same for both decks, however, that's about where the similarities end. Since you have a gear drive, you specifically need a RC48-62F deck. This is designed to run of the front PTO shaft (crank pulley) for its power. I'm hoping for your sake the lever controlled clutch system between the two decks is the same, or your after some hard to find parts. I'm attaching two pics of the RC48 decks so you know what to be on the lookout for. What you don't want is the RC48-62H deck as this will only work with HST machines since they were optioned with mid-pto's.

Dang my follow up question was gonna be couldn't I just swap out the gearbox with the one I have but seeing the pictures I now understand that won't work either. I appreciate the info.