B6100D FEL QA Issue

clippy

Equipment
Kubota B6100D w/ Kubota FL1000 Tiller, Kubota Bedder, Brush Hog Mower
Hi everyone. Can my fellow orange fans (most of whom have a WHOLE lot more knowledge than me) help out with my FEL Quick Attach issue?

MY B6100D came with a custom built Quick Attach FEL. The pins that attach the QA plate to the loader arms are starting to break. There is only one that is not broken at all:

The other three are in varying states of disintegration:

As you can see the pins have/had a flat metal plate welded to it and the metal plate is what is bolted to the QA. This seems to me to be a bit over engineered. What I'd like everyone's opinion on is should I replace like with like or would a simple hex bolt/washer/hairpin cotter like is used elsewhere on the loader arms (see image below) be ok?

(BTW, All images are clickable to take you to a bigger image on photobucket.com.)

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100D; B219; Piranha bar; Hodge stabilizers; Filled Ag rears; R322T w/48" deck
Dec 21, 2014
Sugar Hill -- next door to Buford, GA
I like the low profile that the original design provides. However, such parts need good to excellent welds. Even the unbroken one does not seem to be more than mediocre.

Your idea of a straight-through pin with pin clips on each end would certainly work, and considering what you've experienced with the current setup, you prolly would never mind the inconvenience of pulling the pin clips from the other side.

Good luck with your fabrication!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yes it will sort of work...
The reason for the bolt locked pin is that the loader side of the connection is the week side and subject to wear, there for if the pin rotates and spins on that side it will wear tremendously bad, and damage the loader frame. ;)

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100D; B219; Piranha bar; Hodge stabilizers; Filled Ag rears; R322T w/48" deck
Dec 21, 2014
Sugar Hill -- next door to Buford, GA
Yes it will sort of work...
The reason for the bolt locked pin is that the loader side of the connection is the week side and subject to wear, there for if the pin rotates and spins on that side it will wear tremendously bad, and damage the loader frame. ;)
Hmmm... that isn't intuitive to me; very nice to know!