B6000 mystery part

ebs

Equipment
B7500
Apr 7, 2013
los altos hills, ca, usa
My son and I are trying to restore a1977 B6000. After installing new glow plugs and injectors/nozzles my son found beneath the tractor a small tubular part which is described below. I queried SD Vic of OTT, but he indicated that he had never seen such a part associated with a Kubota injection system. I would appreciate any information from anyone about this part and its function. I will try to attach a photo.
Part of our renovation involved new glow plugs, new nozzles and nozzle holder assemblies. We did not disassemble any part of the injection pump itself. After the injector work my son found in a fold of the tarp upon which the tractor is parked an unidentified part - it is tube-like, but not hollow (no lumen), length 28 mm, diameter 4.9 mm. Distributed evenly around its circumference are 4 shallow, linear grooves or scallops which end in a pointed fashion toward one end, and are open toward the other. I looks like it could fit within a fuel line or part of the injector assembly. My son vaguely remembers the same part on the other injector apparatus and he thinks that it was sitting within the fuel stream at or near the junction between the fuel line from the injection pump and the injector holder assembly. My impression is that it somehow directs the fuel stream into 2 or 4 almost separate streams. I cannot find any part like it in the service or owners manual, and no one whom I've asked can identify it. It seems, however, that it's a bona fide part of the injection system and probably important. Attached to this note are 2 photos - the first shows the injector lines from the pump and their junctions with the nozzle holder assemblies before restoration (I think that the part came from somewhere near this junction). The second photo shows the part itself, as best as I can photograph it. I'm sorry that there is no scale, but the overall dimensions are as above.
I am located in California about 200 miles from the tractor, so I cannot readily respond to additional questions, but I can ask my son to do so. If you can identify this part and tell me where it is supposed to be located, I would be everlastingly grateful.
Thanks for any information.
ebs B6000 injector part 2 .jpg

100 td

Equipment
B21TLB (B21, TL421 & BT751) Toyota SDK4 T116 Bobcat
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
It appears to have paint on it so it wouldn't be internal to fuel system. The single(only) photo does not show detail very well, perhaps place it on a sheet of paper and tak a pic, part rotate, pic again etc. In some ways it looks like a wire cable joiner which is looped from each direction.

ebs

Equipment
B7500
Apr 7, 2013
los altos hills, ca, usa
Thanks for the suggestion, but it definitely doesn't have paint on it. I'm pretty sure that it came from within a fuel line or the injector. My son saw the identical part in the other injection system, but I didn't pay enough attention at the time to analyze it. When I get back to the tractor, I'll disassemble the side that retains this part and hopefully settle the issue.
ebs

100 td

Equipment
B21TLB (B21, TL421 & BT751) Toyota SDK4 T116 Bobcat
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
I obviously didn't read your post properly, I read that you changed the injectors, I must have skimmed over the part that said you disassembled them. (Not that I'd know if it's from the injector, I haven't dissembled them)
Send a PM to North Idaho Wolfman on this forum as he's very knowledgeable and does pump rebuilds etc.
So if your son saw the same part whilst working on the system, it shouldn't be that big a job to go back there and find the other one. I understand it would be nice to know where it came from, someone else may chime in yet!
The pic still looks like paint and no paint to me, obviously the lighting and my bad eyes!
Of course some more pics and the one missing from the first post would be handy!

Last edited: