B6000 decals and instructions

Hans

Equipment
B6000
Aug 3, 2011
Everett, Wa
I picked up a relatively new-to-me B6000, and after some discussion in the repair and maintenance section, I thought I'd post up some ?'s here.

Since I'm pretty sure all of the Japanese characters on all the decals mean something that is translatable to english, I wonder if anybody here could tell me what they mean based on their english versions of the same decals? Specifically, I'm looking for the exact starting procedure for this machine-

Here's the dash (sorry for the picture quality - old camera phone)

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/caskillet

From top left-
Compression release, glow plug indicator (never seen it glow yet), I'm guessing the horn (hasn't worked), red lamp below it that I've learned is a low pressure oil light (and maybe a temp sensor as well) but I haven't seen lit up yet, the key switch that only turns to the right, and to it's left is the black knob that I assume is the glow plug and/or starter switch. Engine will only turn over if the key is turned all the way to the right and the black knob is turned either right or left. I'm assuming the decal above the black knob is the glow plug instructions? There's another decal that has to do with the black knob that's on the hood above the glow plug indicator-

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/caskillet
It shows the black knob turned either way - does anybody know what instructions are being given here?

Here's a wider shot of the tractor that you can see the dash in.

Look forward to hearing what you guys think-

Hans

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I do know in your first photo the sticker we see gives you the cycles times on how long to run your glow plugs in what temperature to start the tractor. I have a B6100 and I do believe I have most of my stickers on the dash. Give me a day or two and I'll take a look and let you know.

Dixie-B6000

Equipment
Kubota L5240, LA854 W/QA
Apr 13, 2011
Enterprise, AL
Here is your glow plug instructions. The black knob to the left of your key switch is the starting switch. Turn counter clockwise to warm glowplugs, clockwise to start engine.

Dixie-B6000

Equipment
Kubota L5240, LA854 W/QA
Apr 13, 2011
Enterprise, AL
the smaller black knob on the upper left side of instrument panel is your headlight switch. your start switch is on the lower right side next to your keyed switch as i stated before the red light above keyed switch is your low oil pressure indicator. You are correct about the glow plug indicator. it will get glowing red hot when you turn start switch (big black knob) counter clockwise for 45 sec. hard to see during the day but works well to light a cigarette :D

Hans

Equipment
B6000
Aug 3, 2011
Everett, Wa
Thanks guys!

Vic, what do those decals run? I wouldn't mind doing all the decals on my B6000 when I do the "rattle can" paint job per your instructions this winter.

Also, do you have the centermost tiller tines for the gear-driven tiller that's attached to this tractor (no PTO)?

Thanks,
Hans