B6000 clutch

bakeroldfolks2

Jan 3, 2017
Boron California USA
First time posting so here goes, my name is Bruce and I have a b6000 that sat for about 11 years outside uncovered so I had a lot of time to get it running again. The clutch started making noise so tore it apart and found that I have a bad bushing in the crank, problem is Kubota says it doesn't exist! Will post a pic of it and see if anyone can help me out with trying to get a new one. Thanks.

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk

zuric

Equipment
L2050DT, B7000 grey mkt. ! Workbull 202 Massey,650 John Deere, 3444 Int.
Feb 12, 2017
Ava Mo.
Any machine shop could make one out of "oilite" .... sintered bronze material. Even your buddy/neighbor with a lathe...
A bit of measuring and research really ought to turn up an existing bushing ready made..a rather common method of holding that front pilot shaft.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Looks like someone tried to do a repair on the pilot bearing.

Your probably going to have to get the bushing out and then make a new one to fit it.

There is another thread on this same issue.

The real fix would be to tear into the engine and take it to a machinist to have the crank bored to accept a oversized bushing.

You will have to get last of the pilot bushing out and see if you can make another to fix it.

You also need to look at the shaft and see if there is excessive wear on it too.

bakeroldfolks2

Jan 3, 2017
Boron California USA
Thanks guys , I pretty much figured that I would have to do that . Paid $800.00 for the tractor with a fel and a 3ft Gannon have spent at least twice that to get it running again ,a little more won't hurt to much LoL

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk