B6000 air cleaner

LCconvert

Equipment
B6000
Aug 10, 2015
good ol' USofA
I just ordered a new plastic oil pan for my air cleaner. The original is completely sun rotted. So I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to clean it up.

Is there a good way to clean the air cleaner? Can I take it apart?

What type of cleaner would you use?

thanks!!

Mudball

Equipment
L2501 HST 4WD
Aug 3, 2015
TN
Im not exactly sure if you can take it apart or not. Im not familiar with that particular filter assy. Looking at the parts diagram it looks like it comes apart.
I did find your owners manual and it did say to stay away from cleaning with gasoline.
So I would say clean with soap and water or mild diluted degreaser then rinse it good when you are finished no matter what you decide to use.
In case you might not have it yet, here is a link for your parts, owners manual, etc...(Just click on the picture of the tractor)
http://www.kubotabooks.com/

Last edited:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Are you talking about an oil bath? If so, you can soak it in a pail of dawn dish detergent, or mix some decreaser like purple power with water and soak for a bit. Then rinse really good with a garden hose. Let it dry completely before reinstalling :D on metal ones, I run them through my parts washer at work. And in a pinch out in the field, I've soaked them with brake cleaner and blew it out with an air chuck.

LCconvert

Equipment
B6000
Aug 10, 2015
good ol' USofA
Thanks for the suggestion. I have it soaking in water with dish soap. I will let it sit overnight and see what it looks like tomorrow.