B6000 advice

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Hi

I have actually seen quite a few (5-6) the same colour green kubota's here in Australia. So it seems a little common. I reckon it maybe something like a company like zetor brought a heap of kubota's and painted them all green. It may have even been done at the factory?

Would be interesting to know? Maybe someone else might be able to shed some light on it. All the ones I have seen have all been B6000's.

As to what its worth - hard to say - many will knock it because it has a CCW pto. But smart guys know this isn't a handicap.

cheers john
This is common?

Maybe it's a JD guy playing a really mean joke on the orange lovers.

Scott

GpaG

Equipment
Ford 9N, Kubota B6000 with FEL
Jan 25, 2010
Penyrn, CA, USA
Thanks to everyone for trying to help me figure out how to torque the head on my ZL600 (B6000). Since I've not been able to locate overhaul parts for the motor I'm taking the "chicken way out" for now and will just try to see if I can get it to go "as is" for now. At least the "pile of miscellaneous parts" will be rust free, clean and painted now. I suspect I'm going to have to tear it down in the future, but where my dealer can't get most parts, I'd better see what I can do with it as it is. The dealer said what parts he can get for this motor are about 6 months lead time (shipped by boat from Japan) and veryexpensive. If it will run half way decently, maybe in a couple of years the after-market will start making pistons, sleeves, bearings and gaskets.

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Thanks to everyone for trying to help me figure out how to torque the head on my ZL600 (B6000). Since I've not been able to locate overhaul parts for the motor I'm taking the "chicken way out" for now and will just try to see if I can get it to go "as is" for now. At least the "pile of miscellaneous parts" will be rust free, clean and painted now. I suspect I'm going to have to tear it down in the future, but where my dealer can't get most parts, I'd better see what I can do with it as it is. The dealer said what parts he can get for this motor are about 6 months lead time (shipped by boat from Japan) and veryexpensive. If it will run half way decently, maybe in a couple of years the after-market will start making pistons, sleeves, bearings and gaskets.
It's not the chicken way, it's just doing with what you have at hand. I think you're doing the right thing.

Will you keep us updated when you get it finished? Like making a new "thread" :p

Scott

GpaG

Equipment
Jan 25, 2010
Penyrn, CA, USA
Thanks Vic. Does that include for the ZL600 motor? I'm only about an hour and a half from the Western Distribution Center for Kubota, but the dealer says they won't allow me to pick stuff up there. I was hoping you would "weigh in" on this. The dealer basically has said Kubota doesn't really support the B6000 much anymore, since not that many were imported to the US.

Green Mountain Slim

Equipment
Kubota B8200, Kioti C2610 Cab, BX1500, B7100 (kinda)
Feb 23, 2010
Morrisville, Vermont
Hi

I have actually seen quite a few (5-6) the same colour green kubota's here in Australia. So it seems a little common. I reckon it maybe something like a company like zetor brought a heap of kubota's and painted them all green. It may have even been done at the factory?

Would be interesting to know? Maybe someone else might be able to shed some light on it. All the ones I have seen have all been B6000's.

As to what its worth - hard to say - many will knock it because it has a CCW pto. But smart guys know this isn't a handicap.

cheers john
CCW PTO? This is a newbie question, but is that unusual? Does it make a difference in how the 3 PT hitch raises or lowers a load?

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Hey Slim, CCW PTO just means that the Power Take Off runs counter clock wise. Snowblowers, Rototillers and such her in north america run clockwise. It has nothing to do with the Three Point Hitch :D Dusty

cappys tractor

Equipment
B6000 and Husqvarna mower (hey, it's orange too!)
Jan 18, 2010
Cape Cod, Ma
GMS: the rotation only has to do with rotary implements (bushhog, post hole auger, Pto driven finish mowers, ETC) the 3PH will work fine to haul, plow, blade, rake, or other implements that only use the 3PH to lift and lower.

HOWEVER, in addition to the CCW rotation, if you do want to use some rotary tools, the spline shaft is a small (25mm or 31/32nd and either 10 or 18 spline shaft) this is a PITA to find adapters for. HUB CITY makes a custom adapter for around 100 or so, but this doesnt solve the CCW rotation. However there is a PTO reverser available for around 800 bucks.

So if you are serious about using the tractor for rotary tools, the extra cost to adapt will probably make you look for another model. However if you only want the power to lift, push shove and dig then this is a GREAT little tractor.

BTW, I paid 3400 for mine in Stafford NH two years ago. It came with a FEL.

I took (keep taking) alot of gas for paying 'so much' for this little work horse. However last summer after some digging, replanting and general yard maintenance the CFO of the outfit made the comment, "You know we couldn't have done this without the dinosoar!" So I was vindicated..... sort of!

chip

Equipment
B6000
Oct 28, 2009
Danbury, Ct USA
I replaced the rings, rod bearings and gaskets in my B6000 this past fall and I picked them up from the dealer in less than a week from order. The pistons and sleeves were also available but I did not need them. I think you should locate another dealer.

GpaG

Equipment
Jan 25, 2010
Penyrn, CA, USA
That is encouraging news Chip, thanks. I've checked with two dealers in my area and neither stocks the parts. The second one (about 3 days ago) said there were 11 pistons available, ring sets and head gasket, but he quit researching and didn't check for bearings, oil seals and gaskets. I've got to get my project B6000 to the running stage so I can know if I need an immediate overhaul, but it is now full on Spring in our area, so the "weed wars" are going are slowing me down! For curiosity, do you know about how many hours were on your motor when you tore it down? Also, even though you didn't need pistons or liners, was there much of a ridge at the top of the liners (e.g. did you have to cut it out with a ridge reamer)?

Thanks again,

Gordon