B48ca tiller service

Boywonder1973

Sep 3, 2015
Regina SK
Hi folks I am a new owner of a 2005 bx1500 with 225 hrs and I am doing routine service on the tiller it came with. I checked the gear case oil on the top and it seemed over filled, oil poured out of the lower set screw plug and I believe it is only to be filled to that level so I let it flow until it was done. On to the issue...the chain case seems to be sealed I can see no bolts to check or fill he case with gear oil. Am I missing something ? Thanks for any input!

Tallahassee Kubota Man

Equipment
M5140HD/LA1153/LandPride RCF2072/DirtDog disc/RakeMaster grapple/Caroni tiller
Hi folks I am a new owner of a 2005 bx1500 with 225 hrs and I am doing routine service on the tiller it came with. I checked the gear case oil on the top and it seemed over filled, oil poured out of the lower set screw plug and I believe it is only to be filled to that level so I let it flow until it was done. On to the issue...the chain case seems to be sealed I can see no bolts to check or fill he case with gear oil. Am I missing something ? Thanks for any input!
I just purchased a Caroni tiller. It has a oil check plug about 4" from the bottom of the reservoir for the chain. To add oil you can use the bolt that adjusts the chain tension.
I can't imagine there isn't some means to check and add oil. Sooner or later it's going to leak.