B3200 will not start

TNmules

Equipment
B3200HSD
Jun 6, 2014
Woodbury,TN,USA
B3200 will not start- FIXED!!! Thanks for the GREAT suggestions!!!

As luck would have it I'm away from home taking some summer classes and my wife calls me up and tells me that our Kubota B3200 HST won't start.
She turns the key, click & no start. I had her check the battery & it's fine (only 6 months old) I also ordered a new switch for under the seat & still it won't start with the new one.

Any ideas?

Thanks ,
Paul

Last edited:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Paul, the first thing I would do is clean the battery cables real good. You said the battery is only 6 months old, so that would be the first thing from your description, but it SHOULD be OK.

Most likely problem is where the ground wire attaches to the tractor. Remove it and check for oxidation back under the wire a ways. If any, replace the wire. If none, clean the eye at the end of the cable and also clean the steel that it bolts to (so you see shinny metal).

Probably all it it!

mport

Equipment
2013 B3200 backhoe
May 9, 2014
ST. Clairsville OH
Check the fuses under the hood. Near the firewall if I remember correctly.
I had one blow shortly after I bought my B3200. A wire going to the switch under the seat was pinched and caused a short.

ibunker

Equipment
B3300SU w/BK76, Box blade, DR wood chipper
Dec 5, 2010
Port Orchard, WA
HST's have an Operator Presence Control (OPC) switch, when speed control pedal (scp) is pressed and you get off your seat the engine will stop. Mine is located just forward of the hydraulic filter right side up high. You will see a switch with a rubber boot, when the scp is centered (neutral) the pin on switch is depressed. Rocking the scp back and forth will allow the pin to extend. I had a problem with the pin being in the extended position, spraying some lube on the pin and exercising the scp, it freed it up and the tractor finally started. I now spray that switch every time I grease the zerks under the tractor. good luck.

TNmules

Equipment
B3200HSD
Jun 6, 2014
Woodbury,TN,USA
Thanks to everybody who chimed in with their excellent suggestions.
I researched them all and sent a list to my wife and she got it running. She's not quite sure which suggestion actually was the one that got the tractor going but it's working now and that's the important thing.

Thumbs UP to the Orange Tractor Talks members!!!!

Paul