B3200 Vibration

kuboman

Dec 6, 2009
Canada
I traded my b2620 (loved it) for the b3200 because I needed a little more grrrr.
It is everything I expected plus more. It develops a nasty vibration over 2000 rpm. I have checked others and they are all the same so Kubota has a problem here. Has anyone else found this and does anyone know of a cure. I have bothered Kubota over this and they say they are looking into it.
Any info here would be helpful in possibly curing the problem.

Marc

Equipment
B3200
Oct 10, 2009
NEWBURY,OH
Mine vibrates as well. Aslo when started they have a cold cylinder that misses until it clears 8 seconds or so and then thay smooth out. My bucket vibrates too I think that 60" light material makes some of the noise people are hearing. The tractor is quite loud compared to other Kubota's. Maybe it's the four cylinder thing!

Budget28

Equipment
B3200 Loader and Mower
Sep 9, 2010
Canandaigua NY USA
I’m a happy owner of a new B3200 with information for those with concerns over the vibration issue that some have written about. First, when I first learned about the B3200 I compared it to the 2720 and test drove both a number of times and read reviews as much as I could. I purchased the B3200 because of the slightly larger size, the 3 speed transmission, 4 cylinder engine, and because the areas Kubota dealer (Blazey’s, Palmyra NY) was service oriented and the local JD dealer was not.
When the B3200 came to my home it had a vibration that I found unbearable and I returned it to the dealer prepared to trade it in on another model. However, by installing rubber mounts on the deck and resetting the timing to the required specs for this engine, the vibration issue was solved. Apparently when these 4 cylinder engines leave the factory, the timing is set to accommodate new omission standards and not set for optimal performance or to their design specs. These two steps solved the problem and I’m very pleased with my B3200 with just 10 hours on it now.
Anyway, for those looking at the B3200 before you pass on it because of vibrations, ask the dealer to do the two things put rubber mounts on the deck and adjust the timing before you make a decision. Because these threads were of help to me during my purchase decision, I could not help but share my B3200 experience with the rest of you.

kuboman

Dec 6, 2009
Canada
I’m a happy owner of a new B3200 with information for those with concerns over the vibration issue that some have written about. First, when I first learned about the B3200 I compared it to the 2720 and test drove both a number of times and read reviews as much as I could. I purchased the B3200 because of the slightly larger size, the 3 speed transmission, 4 cylinder engine, and because the areas Kubota dealer (Blazey’s, Palmyra NY) was service oriented and the local JD dealer was not.
When the B3200 came to my home it had a vibration that I found unbearable and I returned it to the dealer prepared to trade it in on another model. However, by installing rubber mounts on the deck and resetting the timing to the required specs for this engine, the vibration issue was solved. Apparently when these 4 cylinder engines leave the factory, the timing is set to accommodate new omission standards and not set for optimal performance or to their design specs. These two steps solved the problem and I’m very pleased with my B3200 with just 10 hours on it now.
Anyway, for those looking at the B3200 before you pass on it because of vibrations, ask the dealer to do the two things put rubber mounts on the deck and adjust the timing before you make a decision. Because these threads were of help to me during my purchase decision, I could not help but share my B3200 experience with the rest of you.
Do you know what they changed the timing to?:D

jeepfreak1972

Equipment
2011 L3800 HST
Oct 28, 2010
Ravenna, MI
Rubber mounts on the deck of the operators platform? I to am interested in the timing. What did they do to the timing to fix the issue? Advance or retard the injection pump? How much?

Steve

jeepfreak1972

Equipment
2011 L3800 HST
Oct 28, 2010
Ravenna, MI
My dealer has mine right now. They called me today to tell me my injection pump timing is off 8 degrees. The mechanic says it smokes to much as well. They will have the correct shims from Kubota this Friday to set the timing correctly. Then I will see if the vibration issue is better. I also checked and my deck already has the rubber mounts installed right from the factory. I'll keep you posted.

Steve

jeepfreak1972

Equipment
2011 L3800 HST
Oct 28, 2010
Ravenna, MI
Well the timing being put to the factory spec reduced the vibration. Not eliminated it but its now at a level that is not in any way an issue. The biggest change was the way it starts. No missing, sputtering and belching white smoke on start up. Even when its 10 degrees outside. Glow it for 5 seconds or so and it snaps to life instantly. Well worth looking at if you have a 3200 that acts like it has a "cold cylinder."

kuboman

Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Well the timing being put to the factory spec reduced the vibration. Not eliminated it but its now at a level that is not in any way an issue. The biggest change was the way it starts. No missing, sputtering and belching white smoke on start up. Even when its 10 degrees outside. Glow it for 5 seconds or so and it snaps to life instantly. Well worth looking at if you have a 3200 that acts like it has a "cold cylinder."
Mine starts great with only the usual puff of black smoke and settles down to a clean idle so I guess mine has the proper timing. Shucks:(

meanjean

Equipment
Kubota MX4700
Aug 10, 2010
Hazelridge, Manitoba
Kubota should send a notice to all their dealers.
Have all B3200 units checked over before delivery.
Although I'm sure all sold units get a once over.