B3200 Top Link

gltrap54

Jan 16, 2010
Topeka,Kansas
5 Hours on my new B3200 & I've already suffered my first ding.... Apparently raised the rear blade with the ROPS folded down & put a slight bend in the attachment end (threaded part) of the top link. It's useable with the blade, but I don't know about other implements. Dealer says the damaged end can't be replaced. New top link = $150 plus shipping........ :eek:

GWD

Equipment
M7040, L48 TLB, BX2200
Jan 8, 2010
Northern California
That dealer price is excessive. Off-brand top links work quite well.

Bending the top link is an unfortunate occurrence that can happen when the top of the implement is quite tall. That was not your case but it does happen.

Orangefox40

Equipment
B7200HSD_FEL+Blade, 1986
Jan 2, 2010
Haliburton, Ontario, Canada
I had a side link with a crushed female thread that rendered it usless as there was no adjustment. I was advised to heat the female threaded portion very hot and tap it with a hammer. By doing this the circular shape is reformed. This worked like a charm and I avoided paying that high price, which in my case was $50+ for each piece and there are of course 3 pieces. Ensure that you remove the other end to avoid pressure buildup within the link.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Oh I've screwed up bad and practically replaced the 3pt hitch on more then one occasion. The first time I was I had ran the top link all the way out to throw the back of the grading box on an angle and try to back blade that way. BAD IDEA! SNAP went the short top lift arm that does the brunt work of lifting, and also bent the crap out the rod that goes threw the bottom of the tractor that holds the 2 lift arms. Then later on I trashed the splined rod that goes threw the bottom of the tractor seat and is the power source of the lifting. Yeah I've got to learn that a tractor isn't a bulldozer! I've spend like 300 bucks repairing the 3pt hitch.

gltrap54

Jan 16, 2010
Topeka,Kansas
OP here........ Thanks everyone for your input. I'd thought about TSC or others if this top link isn't useable and/or fixable. I have a lot of reservations about paying Kubota that kind of money........ Sad to think that Kubota doesn't sell just the damaged end....... they're known for breaking their parts down to the last bolt/washer, but not in this case.... Not sure that end piece is designed to come completely out (although I DID get it apart :rolleyes:).