B3030 mower deck won't pin up

tiredguy

Equipment
B3030 HSTC,B2781 51" front mounted snowblower,60" MMM
Jan 21, 2010
northern lower Michigan
Just moved this from another part of the forum to where it belongs.

Help!
Well guys after bragging how easy it was to raise the deck and pin it up, mine will no longer allow me to do what I've always done anymore. It just doesn't raise up at the right angle ( guessing here now ) nor will it physically come up anywhere near enough to pin it up. Boggles my mind!

It hits the "stop notch" in the rear and the front can't be raised high enough to pin and it's not even close to either of the 2 holes in the frame where it might go. I did lose one of the rear turn buckle arms last fall while mowing where I should have been using the brush hog, the pin fell out of the clevis dropping the arm where I then back over it and snapped it off at the front threads. Couldn't find it so I bought a new one and adjusted to the proper length, then a couple of weeks ago when I needed to use the 3pt boom pole couldn't pin the deck up. I dropped the deck of used the boom and then inspected everything finding nothing bent broke or seemingly out of order at all. Put the deck back on and spent a couple hours studying it playing with it lifting up and down and enlisted my son who's a very good mechanical trouble shooter to see if he could see something I was missing. No luck and I figured I'd ask if anyone else has
had the same problem.

Any help or suggestions would sure be appreciated.
Al

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I'm going to say that pictures might really help us help you figure it out!;)

tiredguy

Equipment
Jan 21, 2010
northern lower Michigan
If I posted pictures it wouldn't show anything more than enough to call me a dumb a$$ LOL!
It's simply strange that before I could raise the deck up to the top, grab a piece of 2x4 and a block of would to use as a leverage point to finish picking it up high enough where it bottomed out to be able to slide the pins through the holes in the frame and the deck "ears" to hold it up. That allows the 3pt to function then without the mower deck moving up and down.

Currently the only way I could pin the deck up is to remove the rear arms and front arm too and the back would drag on the ground if I did. It's almost as if I lost a couple of extension brackets but there wasn't any on it before as it was pinned up the day it was delivered to me and has worked no problem for the last few years. I did break one of the rear arms off losing it in the deep weeds on my sons property when the cotter pin fell out and dropped it down snapping the rod off at the thread/lock nut and the new replacement I bought was threaded on to the exact length to match the other side which as at the length listed in the manual.

What I need to see is a picture of someone else with their deck on a B3030 pinned up.
Al

tiredguy

Equipment
Jan 21, 2010
northern lower Michigan
B3030 deck left front pin up.jpg

B3030 deck rt rear pin up.jpg

B3030 deck rt front pin up.jpg

B3030 deck left rear pin up.jpg

First lets see if the pics uploaded as planned...alright!

Pic 1 the deck lifts up so a pin can be put through to hold it there.
Pic 3 is the same as one except the it's the left side view.
Pic 2 & 4 are the rear with pic 2 clearly showing the notch in the frame where the deck piece bottoms out when contacting when all the way up.

My problem now is that the deck simply won't physically go up as high as it did the 4 prior years I've owned it and I can't figure out why.
Al

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Oh that's an easy one. You got helium in your fuel tank. Tractor sits higher than it use to:D

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
View attachment 12648

View attachment 12649

View attachment 12650

View attachment 12651

First lets see if the pics uploaded as planned...alright!

Pic 1 the deck lifts up so a pin can be put through to hold it there.
Pic 3 is the same as one except the it's the left side view.
Pic 2 & 4 are the rear with pic 2 clearly showing the notch in the frame where the deck piece bottoms out when contacting when all the way up.

My problem now is that the deck simply won't physically go up as high as it did the 4 prior years I've owned it and I can't figure out why.
Al
Funny you mention this.....

I have a new to me B7100 with MMM, and mine hooks up fine....but doesnt lift higher than a frogs hair, seriously the front will not lift! the back will (about 2") and I have adjusted the sheeet out of it....moving on...

my deck has flanges and holes just like your picture #1....and those holes have paint worn off....but on my tractor there is no place to PIN it !

IF you were to PIN yours UP to those holes, how does the deck rise up and down then? Seems it would be fixed to the one point and that point does not seem to lower??

I too want my deck to raise so I can run over "stuff" with it off.......

tiredguy

Equipment
Jan 21, 2010
northern lower Michigan
if the front of the deck is pinned up it stays that way and allows the 3pt to go up and down independently while the mower deck doesn't move it "stays put" which is what I want it to do. I used to pin it up easily then I could use my boom pole or hitch adapter for moving things around and the deck stayed in the raised position without moving.

That's the crux of my problem now, trying to figure out what/why something has changed that no longer lets me do that. It's a pita to take the deck off simply because I want to use the boom to pick something up and move it.
Of course I could put my front end loader on and use it too but that takes
longer than using the boom pole or for me to hook up the box blade to move it so I can simply mow the spot where it sets etc.

Like I said in the start of my thread all I used to do was raise the deck up all the way then grab a block of wood and a 2x4 which was my fulcrum and lever to raise it the rest of the way and slip the pins/bolts through the holes and I was rocking in rolling in 2 minutes.

Been hoping someone else with a B3030 would respond and let me know if there's works or not.
Al