B3030 deck won't pin up

tiredguy

Equipment
B3030 HSTC,B2781 51" front mounted snowblower,60" MMM
Jan 21, 2010
northern lower Michigan
Help!
Well guys after bragging how easy it was to raise the deck and pin it up, mine will no longer allow me to do what I've always done anymore. It just doesn't raise up at the right angle ( guessing here now ) nor will it physically come up anywheres near enough to pin it up. Boggles my mind!

It hits the "stop notch" in the rear and the front can't be raised high enough to pin and it's not even close to either of the 2 holes in the frame where it might go. I did lose one of the rear turn buckle arms last fall while mowing where I should have been using the brush hog, the pin fell out of the clevis dropping the arm where I then back over it and snapped it off at the front threads. Couldn't find it so I bought a new one and adjusted to the proper lenght, then a couple of weeks ago when I needed to use the 3pt boom pole couldn't pin the deck up. I dropped the deck of used the boom and then inspected everything finding nothing bent broke or seemingly out of order at all. Put the deck back on and spent a couple hours studying it playing with it lifting up and down and enlisted my son who's a very good mechanical trouble shooter to see if he could see something I was missing. No luck and I figured I'd ask if anyone else has
had the same problem.

Any help or suggestions would sure be appeciated.
Al