B3000 Tachometer not working

TimP

Equipment
B3000
Jan 16, 2012
Baltimore, MD. USA
Hi All

My B3000 Tachometer has stopped working.

It is totally dead..... no wiggles, jerks or anything.

Anyone know if this Tach is mechanical or electrical?

How hard are these to repair? (First I have to figure out whats wrong with it.)

I have tried looking for some info on it in a Parts Diagram, but I can't even really see if there is a cable or sensor or what.

Any help would be appreciated.

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
Look under your hood. If it's cable driven you'll see the cable somewhere. It may come from the back of the generator but could drive from elsewhere. You could also look at the parts breakdown on the Kubota website.

TimP

Equipment
B3000
Jan 16, 2012
Baltimore, MD. USA
Look under your hood. If it's cable driven you'll see the cable somewhere. It may come from the back of the generator but could drive from elsewhere. You could also look at the parts breakdown on the Kubota website.
Thanks roadworthy. I"ll take a look. Any idea how difficult it is to remove the dash to get at the back of the Tach?

TimP

Equipment
B3000
Jan 16, 2012
Baltimore, MD. USA
Hi All. I thought I would report back concerning my Tach problem.

I went ahead and ordered a new Tach Cable. It came in last week.

So, this weekend, I decided I'd try to replace the "broken" one.

After trying to trace exactly where the cable ran, and how/where it was attached, I worked at removing the dash in the cab.

BTW... the workshop manual I bought is a POS ! It has not helped me whatsoever in doing any repairs to my tractor. Very little in the way of explanations or procedures. And not much in the way of diagrams either.

Imagine my surprise when I got the dash removed and immediately saw that the Tachometer cable had merely come unscrewed from the rear of the Tach.

Simple fix..... it took about 10 seconds to screw it back in and all was good.

All told, about 30 minutes removing things and then putting them back.

The dash was not too hard to remove..... a total of 3 bolts.

I now have a spare Tach cable if I ever need it.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Hi All. I thought I would report back concerning my Tach problem.

I went ahead and ordered a new Tach Cable. It came in last week.

So, this weekend, I decided I'd try to replace the "broken" one.

After trying to trace exactly where the cable ran, and how/where it was attached, I worked at removing the dash in the cab.

BTW... the workshop manual I bought is a POS ! It has not helped me whatsoever in doing any repairs to my tractor. Very little in the way of explanations or procedures. And not much in the way of diagrams either.

Imagine my surprise when I got the dash removed and immediately saw that the Tachometer cable had merely come unscrewed from the rear of the Tach.

Simple fix..... it took about 10 seconds to screw it back in and all was good.

All told, about 30 minutes removing things and then putting them back.

The dash was not too hard to remove..... a total of 3 bolts.

I now have a spare Tach cable if I ever need it.
It will likely be decades and 1k’s of hours before you need it. Return it or offer it on here or ebay would be my suggested consideration.