B2920 Advise Please

Gspeoples

Jul 17, 2011
Hernando MS
Looking at a new B2920 at the local Kubota dealer. Really want a tractor with a front end loader. This one is equiped with the loader and the MMM mower. Seems like a good deal at 17,200, still a lot of money though. Figured with the mower it helps justify the cost since I can use to cut grass as well. I use a 96 model G1800 for my grass cutting now which Ive been wanting to replace with something newer for a while.

Anyone have experience with this model? I think this size tractor is perfect for my needs, however as a mower concerned it may be too large for turns and such. Seems like the B series tractors are not as popular as the L due the cost? And most folks buy the zero turns for grass cutting. Again the way Im looking at this is I would only have one machine instead of two. Any input would be great.

meanjean

Equipment
Kubota MX4700
Aug 10, 2010
Hazelridge, Manitoba
Do some research re: mid mount mowers.
Popular opinion leans towards a rear mount instead.
Check out the pros and cons.

I would focus more on whether or not the loader will serve your needs.
We've got a loader and I'm amazed at how handy it's been.

I like the idea of having 1 machine instead of 2.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I agree with meanjean. I would look at going with a rear mount finishing mower. You can pick one of them up instead of the MMM and probably cut $1500 off the total price. I've been cutting with a finish mower for 20 years and wouldn't have anything else. It's so much easier to remove and swap to another implement. Once you get used to using one I (in most cases) don't see how a MMM can get any closer to trees and such. Another plus to me is the fact the a rear mower can be backed up stuff or even hung over a bank. As long as you get a good one with a high blade tip speed they will cut just as good as a MMM to.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
I agree with meanjean. I would look at going with a rear mount finishing mower. You can pick one of them up instead of the MMM and probably cut $1500 off the total price. I've been cutting with a finish mower for 20 years and wouldn't have anything else. It's so much easier to remove and swap to another implement. Once you get used to using one I (in most cases) don't see how a MMM can get any closer to trees and such. Another plus to me is the fact the a rear mower can be backed up stuff or even hung over a bank. As long as you get a good one with a high blade tip speed they will cut just as good as a MMM to.
x3. I had similar thoughts about a rear mount finish mower, but after getting used to it, I love it. It's on and off fast, cheaper, and probably will take more of a beating. I mow with a B7100 and a Woods RM59 on mountain land, and have no issues. I back it up under trees and bushes, hang it over banks, etc.- things you can't do with a MMM. Both have their place, but if you want to save money and maximize your tractor, consider going with a rear mount instead.

KenB2920

Equipment
L5240 brush hog,flail mower,wicked grapple,tiller,Danuser F-8 PHD,BB,RB 7' rake
Jun 17, 2011
Almont, mi
I have a B2920 with MMM....

I purchased this for two reasons. 1) I have a 3 car garage approx 23' deep. It would be tough to squeeze a rear deck in the garage with all the other crap I have shoved in there. ( 2 cars, towable log splitter,2 atvs, and a partidge in a pare tree). I like my new stuff especially with moving parts to stay in doors. ( rake and box blade outside).

Reason 2: as ridiculous as it sounds and please refrain from scolding me as my son is only 18 months old. I had the thought that when my son grows up and decides to cut the lawn. If in fact he doesn't wear his
seatbelt and falls offmthe mower. It is more likely he won't get run over by the rear deck. ( yes I know I should teach my son, and he should be old enough, and the tractor should shut off if the driver falls of the seat. I KNOW.... Just my thought. So for a few extra bucks it's my peace of mind. So hopefully the tractor lasts 12 1/2 more years so my son can
cut grass....

My $ .02

Also I can have the mower deck on, lock it to the TOP position and use the 3 point hitch for my rake ( a quick grading driveway and such)
Cons: cost
Pros: space saver.

Last edited:

KubotaTech

Equipment
None- I get to play with everyone elses stuff
Apr 1, 2010
PA
I think of all the B20 series tractors we have sold, anything with a mower has been midmount. Easy on easy off very smooth operating. If you are gonna use the 3 point for any other attachments you may want an L series with position control. A B series is generally either all up or all down when it comes to the 3 point hitch. The B20 is a great little loader tractor and very easy to run

eddie

Oct 17, 2009
ottawa ontario
I have a B2620 with a FEL and really like it, it does a lot of work around here. I don't use it for grass cutting yet because I have a dedicated lawn mower. I was thinking that if the lawn mower dies I'd get a rear mount finish mower, just because I think it would be easier to put on and take off. Ideally a zero turn is best for lawn cutting but the B series of Kubota tractors IMO are great.

Ed

JOE LOW

Equipment
b2620 FEL BH RM59
Jun 19, 2012
PORT C
I have a B2620 with a FEL and really like it, it does a lot of work around here. I don't use it for grass cutting yet because I have a dedicated lawn mower. I was thinking that if the lawn mower dies I'd get a rear mount finish mower, just because I think it would be easier to put on and take off. Ideally a zero turn is best for lawn cutting but the B series of Kubota tractors IMO are great.

Ed[/QUOTE
I didn't think I'd like my rm59 wanted mmm couldn't justify extra $ since rm came with my b2620......but I like it very much .......

JosephC

Equipment
2008 BX2660, 2005 ZD21,2000 B2400, 1995 B7200,2005 B7800
Apr 20, 2011
North Central Pennsylvania
I have all three types of mowers I have a 60'' on the BX2660. A 54'' on my B2400 along with a Woods RM59 for this one. And a ZD21 zero turn with a 54'' on it. I use to have a mowing business and I prefer a belly mounted mower to a rear mount. Don't get me wrong both types have their good points or their bad points. Both will do an excellent job of mowing and the rear mount sometimes takes a lot more playing around to make a nice looking cut. For me if you have a lot of trees commit Chain saw Masicar and prune the leaf droppers out of your yard. (When you mow for a living you get tired of mowing and trimming around other peoples trees)