b2765a Snow/Dozer blade conversion to a quick connect setup

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I researched doing this with my snowblower, and it can be done by looking up the rear parts for your present blade and printing them. Then do the same for the current blade that you want to convert into being. With the part numbers side by side, mark those that changed and you will have to buy to convert your blade. Be forewarned that the parts are quite expensive, and you might find it less expensive to search for a used quick-attach blade and to sell the one that you presently have. Make sure that you compare apples to apples i.e. if your present blade is a 5' blade you have to compare it to the quick hitch 5' blade. If most of the part numbers are the same it is safe to assume that it can be done. You can also go to the Kubota dealer and take some measurements of where the hitch parts will attach to make sure that they are the same as your blade.

Reactions: 1 user

mike paulson

Jan 11, 2012
ulster, NY
I researched doing this with my snowblower, and it can be done by looking up the rear parts for your present blade and printing them. Then do the same for the current blade that you want to convert into being. With the part numbers side by side, mark those that changed and you will have to buy to convert your blade. Be forewarned that the parts are quite expensive, and you might find it less expensive to search for a used quick-attach blade and to sell the one that you presently have. Make sure that you compare apples to apples i.e. if your present blade is a 5' blade you have to compare it to the quick hitch 5' blade. If most of the part numbers are the same it is safe to assume that it can be done. You can also go to the Kubota dealer and take some measurements of where the hitch parts will attach to make sure that they are the same as your blade.
I already have a DIY quick attach setup on my loader frame. I use it to switch between my loader bucket and pallet forks. I just want to retrofit my existing Kubota frame mount snow blade and adapt it to a quick mount plate.

mike paulson

Jan 11, 2012
ulster, NY
I might add that my main objective here is not have to remove the loader frame and to be able to retro my blade to a quick connect. Just looking for ideas

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Sorry, I can't help at this time. I thought that you were trying to connect an older model blade to the new K Connect Quick Connect system. I have some thoughts, but I am not feeling well enough to gather them and put them into words. I now know what you are attempting to do.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I might add that my main objective here is not have to remove the loader frame and to be able to retro my blade to a quick connect. Just looking for ideas
Seems reasonable but without some pics of the blade or a model number hard to speak to specifics. Kubota parts isn't finding B2765A. Is that the whole goods kit number?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Should have asked Google to start with. Messicks has the parts diagram and looks very straight forward to me. Get a blank SSQA adapter plate and either:
  1. Weld the mount (#7) to it
  2. Or fabricate/weld a clone for the male side of the Kubota quick attach to it.
I like #2 - does not modify the OEM mount on the blade

Dan

1674492398978.png

Last edited:

mike paulson

Jan 11, 2012
ulster, NY
Should have asked Google to start with. Messicks has the parts diagram and looks very straight forward to me. Get a blank SSQA adapter plate and either:
  1. Weld the mount (#7) to it
  2. Or fabricate/weld a clone for the Kubota quick attach to it.
I like #2 - does not modify the OEM mount on the blade

Dan

View attachment 94430
Yes pretty much what I was thinking. I'm just wondering what having the blade assembly so far out on the ends of the loader arms will do as far as bouncing or possibly torquing the loader arms and bending them. I will definitely fab this so if it doesn't work out I can go back to the original configuration so I might just fab the #7 adapter and keep the original in good shape . Problem is the frame mount plow works so well and is so compact but a PITA to have to remove the loader arms all the time we get a snow forecast

mike paulson

Jan 11, 2012
ulster, NY
Sorry, I can't help at this time. I thought that you were trying to connect an older model blade to the new K Connect Quick Connect system. I have some thoughts, but I am not feeling well enough to gather them and put them into words. I now know what you are attempting to do.
Yes I'm coming off of Covid myself. Get better soon

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Yes pretty much what I was thinking. I'm just wondering what having the blade assembly so far out on the ends of the loader arms will do as far as bouncing or possibly torquing the loader arms and bending them. I will definitely fab this so if it doesn't work out I can go back to the original configuration so I might just fab the #7 adapter and keep the original in good shape . Problem is the frame mount plow works so well and is so compact but a PITA to have to remove the loader arms all the time we get a snow forecast
Its a standard setup and actually less extended than most.

Dan

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Take part #7 off and then weld a tab to each end of part #5. The tab will be large enough to accommodate a 5/8" hole drilled into it and will face rearward. Then weld 2 matching tabs into the loader bucket on each side. Put a pin through each of the welded tabs and through the tabs that are welded to the plow frame. Your plow is not securely attached to the bucket, and you can use a chain from the plow to the center of the bucket, so the plow will have its own weight to keep it in contact with the ground. This is how I did it 20+ years ago. I Bought an old Fisher plow and welded the tabs to the bucket. Worked great and you could pile snow as high as your bucket would go.
Check you "conversations".

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
You will like the SSQA plate attachment way better than hanging it off the bucket. The bucket idea puts the blade even further forward with a longer lever arm pushing sideways on the front of the tractor. I have tried both and the SSQA attachment is way more effective.

Dan