B2673 front Blade

garciajoe

Equipment
B2650 Z422 Cyclone Rake North Star log splitter Woods Heritage RD60
Oct 22, 2014
Serena, Illinois
I have a B2650 with this front blade mounted to the loader. Have the rear tires loaded with Rim Guard, and a ballast box at about 500 lbs. My problem is if I should use this blade with or without the loader in float mode. It seems if I'm in float mode the blade loader combination is too heavy, the shoes dig in, and the tractor is hard to control. When turning the front tires slide instead of turning. If I'm not in float mode, I have a hard time controlling the blades relationship to the ground. Do my operating skills suck or am I missing something. I'm plowing snow on level gravel driveway and trails in my timber. What do ya think?

Technical Ted

Equipment
L3560/cab LA805 loader LandPride RCF2060 rotary cutter, HLA hyd angle snow blade
Jul 2, 2016
Dansville NY
I have a B2650 with this front blade mounted to the loader. Have the rear tires loaded with Rim Guard, and a ballast box at about 500 lbs. My problem is if I should use this blade with or without the loader in float mode. It seems if I'm in float mode the blade loader combination is too heavy, the shoes dig in, and the tractor is hard to control. When turning the front tires slide instead of turning. If I'm not in float mode, I have a hard time controlling the blades relationship to the ground. Do my operating skills suck or am I missing something. I'm plowing snow on level gravel driveway and trails in my timber. What do ya think?
I can't very well use float mode in my gravel driveway either, because of the shoes/blade digging in. I've got a HLA SB100072 front blade on my FEL on my L3560. What works best for me is to lower the blade until the shoes hit and leave the FEL there without going into float. This way, on my setup anyways, the blade is actually floating on the shoes, but with only the weight of the blade and not the entire FEL. Works pretty good this way.

YMMV,
Ted

macbma

Equipment
B2650HSD
Feb 13, 2017
Irwin, Pa, USA
I am thinking of getting the B2672 (60-inch wide) or the B2673 (72-inch wide) blade. I already have the third-function valve kit installed on the LA534 loader.

I am worried that the 60-inch wide blade will not quite cover the width of the tractor when the blade is angled. Quick math tells me that the 60-inch blade, angled at 30 degrees, will only have a cut path of about 52 inches. My B2650 specs say that the tractor is 54 inches wide. And the 72-inch blade has a 62-inch path when angled. Do you think that the larger 72-inch blade is required to cover the tractor's width?

Last edited:

macbma

Equipment
B2650HSD
Feb 13, 2017
Irwin, Pa, USA
The weight difference between the two blades is fairly significant, especially if used on a gravel driveway.

I got this information directly from Kubota Customer Relations:
The B2672 weighs 411 lbs.
The B2673 weighs 535 lbs.

I am still debating on which to get, mostly dependent on the width covering the tires of the tractor, but weight may come into play since my drive is gravel...

edwardsonmark

Apr 8, 2016
US
I started with a 54 in atv blade then welded extensions on each end. I have a bx2670 and the blade is right at 84 in wide. I assume snow is the main use all above are speaking about. I have no issue pushing it and also do not use fel float but there is some float built into my design

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
I am thinking of getting the B2672 (60-inch wide) or the B2673 (72-inch wide) blade. I already have the third-function valve kit installed on the LA534 loader.

I am worried that the 60-inch wide blade will not quite cover the width of the tractor when the blade is angled. Quick math tells me that the 60-inch blade, angled at 30 degrees, will only have a cut path of about 52 inches. My B2650 specs say that the tractor is 54 inches wide. And the 72-inch blade has a 62-inch path when angled. Do you think that the larger 72-inch blade is required to cover the tractor's width?
You should get the 72" blade for your tractor to be able to cover your tracks and it will handle it just fine. As far as operating it, I would not use the float position. It is much better to learn how to run it with a little pressure up off the blade to keep the shoes out of the gravel too deep if that is what you have, and to be able to keep some weight on the front tires for better steeering. I use this method using just my front loader to do all of my plowing even on a paved driveway and works very well.

retird

Equipment
loader, box scraper
Jul 10, 2015
brownsville,ontario,canada

I have a b2650 and when I spoke to the dealer about a front snow blade he recommended a 72 inch so it covered the width of the tractor when angled at 30 degrees. I purchased a HLA quick attach 72 inch. I have a 700 foot gravel driveway. I set the shoes about 3/4 inch below the blade cutter . On first snow I lowered the blade so the shoes barely touched the driveway and it pushed the snow without the shoes digging a rut into the driveway. Once the ground had frozen hard I lowered the blade to the float position and the shoes moved over the frozen ground without digging in. When angled to 30 degrees I had no problem pushing 12 inches of snow with industrial tires and no chains.

macbma

Equipment
B2650HSD
Feb 13, 2017
Irwin, Pa, USA
I have a b2650 and when I spoke to the dealer about a front snow blade he recommended a 72 inch so it covered the width of the tractor when angled at 30 degrees. I purchased a HLA quick attach 72 inch. I have a 700 foot gravel driveway. I set the shoes about 3/4 inch below the blade cutter . On first snow I lowered the blade so the shoes barely touched the driveway and it pushed the snow without the shoes digging a rut into the driveway. Once the ground had frozen hard I lowered the blade to the float position and the shoes moved over the frozen ground without digging in. When angled to 30 degrees I had no problem pushing 12 inches of snow with industrial tires and no chains.
Thanks, retird. Based on your comments and others, I plan to get the 72-inch blade.

I like the Kubota brand better than others I have seen due to the compact design (seems to take up less space front-to-back. Can anyone confirm my suspicions?) I'm wondering how much longer the tractor will be compared to having the regular bucket on the front?

Grizzy3901

Equipment
L3901hst, la525, 72" landpride finish mower
Jan 1, 2017
Bealeton va
It might be that the angle of the plow is to steep try rolling the attachment point back so the a frame is more level and leave your shoes about 1 inch under the cutting edge so you dont take up gravel

macbma

Equipment
B2650HSD
Feb 13, 2017
Irwin, Pa, USA
I ordered the 70" blade from my local dealer on Friday last week, and picked it up yesterday.

They ordered the wrong hydraulic fittings to match what I already had on the tractor 3rd function. I got the cylinder/hoses mounted, but will have to wait for the quick connect fittings before I can try out the hydraulic angling.

One complaint - The holes in the pin that hold the aft end of the hydraulic cylinder to the blade frame do not line up. I could not fit the 1/4x20 bolt through the frame and pin to keep the pin in place. I used a linchpin that I happen to have lying around instead that had a slightly smaller diameter that would feed through the miss-aligned holes.

I will try to take some pics this weekend - Pittsburgh's Paddy's Day parade is tomorrow, so it might be a couple days... :D

macbma

Equipment
B2650HSD
Feb 13, 2017
Irwin, Pa, USA
I ordered the 70" blade from my local dealer on Friday last week, and picked it up yesterday.

They ordered the wrong hydraulic fittings to match what I already had on the tractor 3rd function. I got the cylinder/hoses mounted, but will have to wait for the quick connect fittings before I can try out the hydraulic angling.

One complaint - The holes in the pin that hold the aft end of the hydraulic cylinder to the blade frame do not line up. I could not fit the 1/4x20 bolt through the frame and pin to keep the pin in place. I used a linchpin that I happen to have lying around instead that had a slightly smaller diameter that would feed through the miss-aligned holes.

I will try to take some pics this weekend - Pittsburgh's Paddy's Day parade is tomorrow, so it might be a couple days... :D
Here are some photos of the B2673 installed on my B2650. Notice the linchpin where the bolt should be. I don't see any issues with it, but it would be nice if the OEM hardware would have fit.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

bcuster

Equipment
B2650 w/ cab, FEL, BH, 63" snowblower w/ extensions, grapple, forks, box blade
Jul 10, 2015
State College, PA
I found a B2775 blade with the male quick hitch that attaches to tractor frame. I'd like to attach it to my loader frame as well. Is there a part number on your quick hitch plate so I know what to search for on the Kubota website?