B2650 with Boss V Plow

4x4farmer

Dec 15, 2016
Hannaford ND
Throwing around this idea for the upcoming winter. Just wondering if my alternator would be able to keep up? They seem to do fine on the utvs that they mount them on. I would have the plow on the front and my 60" blower on the back. Would make fast work of city sidewalks.
https://youtu.be/QIcyCUf4maU

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Since you probably do this for hours at a time, I would recommend a front snow blower with hydraulic chute, and a rear blade with a rubber or plastic edge on it to tidy up what the blower leaves.

4x4farmer

Dec 15, 2016
Hannaford ND
Since you probably do this for hours at a time, I would recommend a front snow blower with hydraulic chute, and a rear blade with a rubber or plastic edge on it to tidy up what the blower leaves.
Not a bad idea either....I just thought the v plow on the tractor was pretty cool. Most of our snowfalls here are on the smaller side of 1-3 inches at a time so not always needing the blower.

JustJeff

Equipment
Kubota BX 2350
Oddly enough. I'm a professional snow removal contractor as well. As far as I'm concerned, the absolute best tool for sidewalk snow removal is a front mounted rotary broom for anything up to 6". Hands down, no comparison. I don't know about you, but everything I have has a 1" trigger, so there's no way there'd every be 6" before I got to it. However I strictly do commercial, and I'm guessing that if you're doing city walks you're doing residential. Is this correct?

Attachments

Last edited:

Yooper

Lifetime Member

Equipment
3901 LA525
May 31, 2015
NE Wisconsin
The question is will the 60 amp alternator and one battery keep up with demand? If you were just doing your own property I'd say OK based upon my experience with my truck. But I know the contractors around here have the upgraded alternators and two batteries in their plow trucks to handle the demands of going all day and night.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Why not get rid of the electric hydraulic pump and plumb it up to the tractor’s hydraulics.

4x4farmer

Dec 15, 2016
Hannaford ND
Oddly enough. I'm a professional snow removal contractor as well. As far as I'm concerned, the absolute best tool for sidewalk snow removal is a front mounted rotary broom for anything up to 6". Hands down, no comparison. I don't know about you, but everything I have has a 1" trigger, so there's no way there'd every be 6" before I got to it. However I strictly do commercial, and I'm guessing that if you're doing city walks you're doing residential. Is this correct?
This is true 100%. I have a 1025R John deere with broom and a F935 John deere with broom. Works very well. Just looking to have all the tools in the box I guess. Lol I like my toys.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Ah so, I'm catching on finally. That v plow is cool. Hope you can make one work.

Grizzy3901

Equipment
L3901hst, la525, 72" landpride finish mower
Jan 1, 2017
Bealeton va
I have done a couple central hydraulic systems with boss plows very easy and a nice plow to use for them. Could make it work off your loader control very easy. Only thing you would need is a cross over relief valves which are 85 bucks off of Amazon.

Grizzy3901

Equipment
L3901hst, la525, 72" landpride finish mower
Jan 1, 2017
Bealeton va
If it was me I'd make the mount push from the draw bar on the back of the tractor. Might be a winter part of the tractor and take it off in the spring but definitely the best place to push from since it isn't a framed tractor