B2650 width - outside tire track to tire track

Charles111

May 10, 2018
Montana
For all B2650 owners. Does anyone know the width of a B2650 with R4 tires and Kubotas standard 1 1/2 inch wheel spacers?

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I don't have spacers, but, stock setup with R4's I get 53.5" tread to tread. 55.5" sidewall to sidewall (total width).

I would presume that you could simply add 3" to allow for the spacers.

Charles111

May 10, 2018
Montana
Hi and thanks for the reply.. sorting out a few things and hope to order the B2650 towards the end of next month before the promotions end.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Hi and thanks for the reply.. sorting out a few things and hope to order the B2650 towards the end of next month before the promotions end.

If you attend a Kubota "Field Day" at a dealer, you will receive a coupon code good for an additional $300 on a B series tractor. The coupon will be valid only at the dealer where you attended the field day, but your dealer's Kubota rep can see to it that you get one with a bit of convincing.

SDT

Charles111

May 10, 2018
Montana
Thanks John. I tried to add the 60mmm mower on the Kubota build site and a prompt comes up saying you can't add spacers and the mmm mower. Something about being incompatible? Have you had any such issues?

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
For all B2650 owners. Does anyone know the width of a B2650 with R4 tires and Kubotas standard 1 1/2 inch wheel spacers?

The overall width of my B3350 with standard size R-4 tires and without spacers is approximately 55"+. Your 2650 will be the same.

Just about 2 hours ago I measured the gage wheel clearance between the R-4 tires on another B3350 and the gage wheels on a 72" deck. There is at most 1" clearance between the gage wheel and tire without spacers. I can say with certainty, that spacers cannot be used with the 72" deck.

Kubota says that the 60" deck cannot be used with the 1 3/8" spacers but there are at least two members here who do so. The rear gage wheels on the 60" deck are center mounted and do not caster. The right side anti scalp roller is fixed and does not interfere. Only the small left side, castering anti scalp wheel can be an issue with spacers. Most of the issue is increased difficulty removing and replacing the deck.

I see no need for wheel spacers except with some types of HD tire chains.

SDT

John Lash

Equipment
B2100, B2650
Nov 23, 2017
Elizabeth, Pa.
Thanks John. I tried to add the 60mmm mower on the Kubota build site and a prompt comes up saying you can't add spacers and the mmm mower. Something about being incompatible? Have you had any such issues?

Agreed, Kubota build site says that spacers won't work with the 60"MMM. I don't know what their reasoning is. Nothing hits anything. I will admit that not much mower deck sticks out past the back tires which may be their reason. The mower chute size is pretty much even with the right rear tire. The left side of the mower sticks out enough to trim around things.

I was leery but thought they would work. Looking at the 2650 at the dealers there was no clearance for tire chains between the tire sidewall and the fender. I need tire chains in the winter to plow the driveway. It was left that it might be spacers on in the winter, spacers off in the summer. Something I sure didn't want to have to do.

We tried the Kubota spacers that are 1 3/8" and everything worked great.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Agreed, Kubota build site says that spacers won't work with the 60"MMM. I don't know what their reasoning is. Nothing hits anything. I will admit that not much mower deck sticks out past the back tires which may be their reason. The mower chute size is pretty much even with the right rear tire. The left side of the mower sticks out enough to trim around things.

I was leery but thought they would work. Looking at the 2650 at the dealers there was no clearance for tire chains between the tire sidewall and the fender. I need tire chains in the winter to plow the driveway. It was left that it might be spacers on in the winter, spacers off in the summer. Something I sure didn't want to have to do.

We tried the Kubota spacers that are 1 3/8" and everything worked great.
Have you tried tire chains without spacers? There is a bit over 1" fender clearance so some chains should clear if properly installed and tightened.

I, too am considering tire chains for snow plow duty with my B3350 but hope that chains will not be needed.

I've been plowing a long, steep asphalt driveway with my B1750HST and 6' back blade for 25 years but can only plow moderate snow and not much at all going uphill without chains. It's a tank with the F & R chains.

The B3350 is heavier and has a front mounted plow which will help quite a bit but R-4 tires are just about useless in snow. I did buy a ballast box which I will load with 400+ Lbs. of bagged playground sand but never load my tires because I change my own.

I bought neither a MMM nor wheel spacers but may buy a MMM in the future.

Worst situation might be spacers/chains on in the winter and spacers/chains off in the spring.

SDT

John Lash

Equipment
B2100, B2650
Nov 23, 2017
Elizabeth, Pa.
No I never tried the chains without spacers. I looked at a tractor at the dealers and if there was an inch it was a skinny inch. They put spacers on before delivery.

I can use the tractor without chains and plow uphill and down most of the time in snow with R4 tires.But, if there's ice, I can't drive up let alone plow. I got the tractor in December so a lot of chain suppliers were backordered. I did it a few times without chains. Then the ice and chains came around the same time...I was glad to get them. I got the Aquiline MPC chains. Expensive but do what they're supposed to do.

The problem for me with chains is there is always a few links left over. I've never cut a set down to where there are no extras, afraid I'd get them too short I guess That leaves a couple links to tie back at the ends. I've always used wire to tie them. If one came loose and made a couple revolutions or more likely 50 revolutions until you heard it you would probably wreck the fender. Or more likely the chains with links tied back would be just a little wider than the fender clearance.

Kubota does say you can't use spacers with their MMM but it's working for me. Spacers on in the winter and off in the summer would be doable but a pain. I have enough trouble getting the chains and front blade on in time...

Last edited:

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
No I never tried the chains without spacers. I looked at a tractor at the dealers and if there was an inch it was a skinny inch. They put spacers on before delivery.

I can use the tractor without chains and plow uphill and down most of the time in snow with R4 tires.But, if there's ice, I can't drive up let alone plow. I got the tractor in December so a lot of chain suppliers were backordered. I did it a few times without chains. Then the ice and chains came around the same time...I was glad to get them. I got the Aquiline MPC chains. Expensive but do what they're supposed to do.

The problem for me with chains is there is always a few links left over. I've never cut a set down to where there are no extras, afraid I'd get them too short I guess That leaves a couple links to tie back at the ends. I've always used wire to tie them. If one came loose and made a couple revolutions or more likely 50 revolutions until you heard it you would probably wreck the fender. Or more likely the chains with links tied back would be just a little wider than the fender clearance.

Kubota does say you can't use spacers with their MMM but it's working for me. Spacers on in the winter and off in the summer would be doable but a pain. I have enough trouble getting the chains and front blade on in time...
Thanks for the info, John.

I remove the MMM from my B1750 each fall and install the chains. I can install the chains in less than an hour but I'm 68 and it gets more difficult each year. Chains for the B3350 will be heavier and more difficult to install. When one gets to be my age, one does not like to get down on the ground and slide underneath things to work.

Spacers on/off would not be much of an issue for me because my tires are not loaded, just time consuming.

I was hoping to get by without chains with the B3350 and front plow but I expect that I cannot except in light/moderate snowfalls.

I have built a second, new driveway and do not wish to use chains on the new one.

One of the reasons that I bought the snow plow for the B3350 is the availability of a rubber cutting edge, not available for the as yet unused front plow on my new RTVX-1100C. The RTV is heavy and the tires are much better suited for snow but without a rubber cutting edge, I do not want to use it on my new driveway.

Decisions, decisions.

SDT

barmstro

Equipment
b1860, b2650, front end loaders, box blade mmm, rear and front snowblowers
Dec 1, 2017
minnesota
B2650 with cab and 2" spacers on each side. I run the 72"mmm
When the deck is up it slides back and the "deck wheel" will bump the r4 once in awhile. after 158hrs no marks on the r4 from being bumped. When the deck goes down it slides forward allowing clearance no issue so far?
My dealer suggested the 2" and installed them.
I agree the site says not to. My Bad!
I measured before I decided to add the spacers, deck position changes the clearance. The deck pivots from one point. Tires being round also change the clearance depending on how high the deck is.

2" helped more than I thought for stability. I would do it again.