B2650 ROPS with BH77 - Lose your suspension seat?

Sjgo1261

Equipment
B2650
Apr 22, 2017
Harvard, ma
I just bought the B2650 and wanted to start a thread to see If anyone experienced this problem. Is there a better seat if you bought the tractor without the backhoe?

I hope there is solution because I hurt my back when the tractor was going over some rough terrain.

Please let me know your thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike.O

Equipment
B2650
Mar 28, 2017
CT
I just bought the B2650 and wanted to start a thread to see If anyone experienced this problem. Is there a better seat if you bought the tractor without the backhoe?

I hope there is solution because I hurt my back when the tractor was going over some rough terrain.

Please let me know your thoughts?

From what I'm told, yes there is a much better suspension seat with no backhoe. I never even considered I would loose the suspension seat when I bought mine w. BH and of course the sales guy never mentioned it. For me, no biggie, the seat is sufficient. The bigger pain in the ass is spinning it for BH use. I still am not used to that. I've heard of all sorts of seat options, but have not explored any.

beckmurph

Equipment
Kubota LX2610TLB/Woods finish mower/woods rotary cutter/
Aug 23, 2012
catlettsburg, ky
I replaced the B2650 seat springs with springs for a B3200.

I really liked the adjustable seat that came with B2650. But, when the bh77 was installed, the really nice suspension was removed.

This summer I removed the rotating part and reinstalled the suspension part.
I feel like it sits too low now, so I put the rotating
section back in place of the suspension section.

As I looked at the underside of the seat, I could see marks where the rubber bump stops were hitting the bottom of the seat.
So, the B2650 springs are too short or too soft.

Looked up the springs for both the B2650 and the B3200 on Kubota.com parts and compared them.
The weight of the B2650 spring was much lighter than the B3200. There were two springs listed for the B3200. I ordered the heavier one.

I had to modify the larger spring to get it to fit.

I am not sure this is the best solution, but these springs raise the back of the seat and lessens the feeling of sitting in a hole.

For $40.00 it is a fairly cheap, "possible" solution. IMG_1210.JPG
[emoji41]

Sharryn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
'15 B3350, LA534A Loader, Land Pride RTA1258 Tiller, BH77 Backhoe, Forks
Aug 31, 2015
Alexandria, PA USA
Glad you mentioned this. I bought my B3350 in 2015 without the backhoe. I just got the BH77 four days ago and that's the first thing I noticed. I'm not quite 5' tall so that extra height and leaning back more made a negative difference to my operating comfort. I noticed how much harder the ride is and I'm not too fond of it. I'm 63 and need all the cushion I can get.

After you've used it a little while would you let us know how you like it? I may want do modify it like you did.

Larry0071

Dec 30, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pa
I replaced the B2650 seat springs with springs for a B3200.

I really liked the adjustable seat that came with B2650. But, when the bh77 was installed, the really nice suspension was removed.

This summer I removed the rotating part and reinstalled the suspension part.
I feel like it sits too low now, so I put the rotating
section back in place of the suspension section.

As I looked at the underside of the seat, I could see marks where the rubber bump stops were hitting the bottom of the seat.
So, the B2650 springs are too short or too soft.

Looked up the springs for both the B2650 and the B3200 on Kubota.com parts and compared them.
The weight of the B2650 spring was much lighter than the B3200. There were two springs listed for the B3200. I ordered the heavier one.

I had to modify the larger spring to get it to fit.

I am not sure this is the best solution, but these springs raise the back of the seat and lessens the feeling of sitting in a hole.

For $40.00 it is a fairly cheap, "possible" solution. View attachment 30704
[emoji41]

How did you modify the springs, I bought the ones you posted the photo of, but they hit the bracket in front of the bolt holes. So my first idea was to add spacers under the springs to lift above that, but it's far to tall and the seat is trying to dump me off the front. I'm not able to see in your photo exactly what you did.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

beckmurph

Equipment
Kubota LX2610TLB/Woods finish mower/woods rotary cutter/
Aug 23, 2012
catlettsburg, ky
Well, I took grinder and cut the new spring about the height I wanted.

I then put the base of the spring in my vise and squeezed it to gain space so it would sit down on the frame.

I also used my grinder to take some metal off the side of the spring to gain more space.

I also bought longer bolts to mount the spring.

It is sort of a "custom" fit. [emoji12]

Tunaslayer

Equipment
L2501 TLB, Wheelhorse 417-8/414-8
I am not sure if it works clearance wise, but on my L series, I have a separate seat for the backhoe. I like this for a couple reasons; I can keep the suspension seat, there is no need to rotate the seats when changing operator position, and you are planted on the backhoe frame. You can feel in the seat how the machine is working with a non suspension seat. It does interfere with the ROPS(has to be up) and the driver seat has to be flipped up on the steering wheel, so not perfect by any stretch, just another option to consider.

Larry0071

Dec 30, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pa
I am not sure if it works clearance wise, but on my L series, I have a separate seat for the backhoe. I like this for a couple reasons; I can keep the suspension seat, there is no need to rotate the seats when changing operator position, and you are planted on the backhoe frame. You can feel in the seat how the machine is working with a non suspension seat. It does interfere with the ROPS(has to be up) and the driver seat has to be flipped up on the steering wheel, so not perfect by any stretch, just another option to consider.

I really wish that the B2650 had that dual seat arrangement. That would solve all of my issues and complaints with my new tractor.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

tempforce

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Jun 23, 2012
bastrop, tx
when i bought my b3350, i reused my bh-77 from my L3200. the bh-77 has it's own seat. with the smaller tractor and a cab. there is a extension kit to move the bh-77 to the rear for clearance.

i don't see why you can't use the bh-77 cab extension, with a b series without a cab.

just saying....

1VaHunter

Mar 29, 2018
Virginia Beach, VA
when i bought my b3350, i reused my bh-77 from my L3200. the bh-77 has it's own seat. with the smaller tractor and a cab. there is a extension kit to move the bh-77 to the rear for clearance.

i don't see why you can't use the bh-77 cab extension, with a b series without a cab.

just saying....
Seems like this should work by ordering part # BH4973 meant for cab model versus BH4962 for ROPS. Anyone know for sure if it's possible to substitute in order to get the fixed seat in BH4973? I'm with Larry on trying to keep the good seat. Prices are identical, too.

No-Loan Ranger

Equipment
Kubota B2601 & B2650
Nov 9, 2023
NC

I'd like to add the backhoe seat to my B2650 (ROPS, no extra subframe extension like the cab version has). Does anyone know the part # for the backhoe seat kit (seat, post, and hardware)?

I hate having to rotate the seat.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I'd like to add the backhoe seat to my B2650 (ROPS, no extra subframe extension like the cab version has). Does anyone know the part # for the backhoe seat kit (seat, post, and hardware)?

I hate having to rotate the seat.

see here:

BH seat.JPG

here's the long way...https://apps.kubotausa.com/illustrated-parts/