B2650 PTO Knocking

KuB2650

May 11, 2016
NEPA
I just bought a B2650, love it , kinda. It is making a knocking sound when you engage the PTO. The dealer wants it and said it could take up to 3 weeks to get it back. I own a landscaping company and this is my busy season I can't give it up for a day. They won't give me a loaner. The tractor has 45 hours on it. If anyone has any idea what it might be please let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OBKubota

Equipment
2014Gr2120,Gr2728Snowblower,Gck5GrassCatcher,agri-FabSpreader
Oct 21, 2014
Ontario
Please Help!!

I'm no mechanic but you need to get more information is there anything hooked up to it mower etc. check the shaft between the PTO and whatever is hooked up to it to start. Does it knock speed up along with the RPM in the engine. Try to pinpoint where the sound is coming from,loader or rear end. Also check all fluids. Since it's that new and under warranty I wouldn't mess around with anything that isn't obvious.

Last edited:

KuB2650

May 11, 2016
NEPA
Re: Please Help!!

The sound changes with load and makes noise without anything attached. The dealer said they won't know what it is until they get it apart. It gets louder when the machine gets warmer. The knock seems to get quieter when the RPM's are up. One thing I noticed is when the rear PTO is engaged the display says the mid and the rear are turning, but the mid is not turning. If you put pressure on the HST pedal the noise gets quieter.

Grandad4

Equipment
1949 Farmall M, previously owned: L 4610, BX 2230
Apr 5, 2016
Greensboro, NC

You don't say if it has been like this since day 1 or not.

I would be suspicious of some problem with one of the external linkages being bent, misaligned or simply not engaging completely. However I wouldn't take a chance with a brand new tractor. Certainly if you can get it to the dealer, they can have a service tech take 10 minutes to look at it and let you know for sure if they need to tear into it.

Many dealers go out of their way to make such things right with their customers, as they should. I'd try to have a talk with the general manager or owner and see if he can find a way to help you.

You probably already know that continuing to use the pto while knowing it's not working right, could put you on the hook for some or all of the repairs.

OBKubota

Equipment
2014Gr2120,Gr2728Snowblower,Gck5GrassCatcher,agri-FabSpreader
Oct 21, 2014
Ontario

I agree grandad I had a little leak in mine earlier this month and they came out and look at it ,no reason why they can't do the same for you and give you some proper advice also I can't see why they would say it would take 3 to 4 weeks without having seen it. I'm not sure anyone here is going to want to go to deep into a machine that's not even had its first service less than 50 hours. Best advice is to call them back tell them you need someone to look at it on site before you do anything to mess with your warranty.