B2650 max. Implement width

Caboose

Equipment
B2650HST
Aug 16, 2016
Washington State
I am getting ready to purchase a B2650 and had spec'd out a BB1260 (60") box scraper and a RTA1558 (58") tiller.
I made a coy of the Operator's manual for the B2650/B3350 and was reading through the implement limitations page. It lists a max tilling width of 50" and max cutting width on a box blade of 54".
So, am I reading this correctly that the implements that I spec'd and we're quoted by the dealer are oversized...at least according to the manual?
From what I think I recall reading here, those implements do not seem to be out of the ordinary size for this tractor, but am I risking potential warranty issues by going with the quoted equipment?

Thanks for any input.

Dean

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
You'll be fine. I use the same size box scraper and tiller and the tractor does fine.

sent from a field

Caboose

Equipment
B2650HST
Aug 16, 2016
Washington State
Thanks, eipo.
One other thing... I was under the impression that the B50 series (both 2650 and 3350) came with the "upgraded" 3 point hitch that has the squeeze-handle adjustment on the left side and the ratchet on the right (see attached image link).
The 2650 at the dealer has the non upgraded hitch, same as is on the B2601. He tells me that the upgraded hitch is only on the 3350...that's not my understanding.

http://www.kubota.com/assets/product/B3350SU/images/_B3350SU_3Point_Hitch_RatchetMG_0769_resized.jpg

Can anyone confirm?

Thanks, Dean

Last edited:

1970cs

Apr 26, 2016
Grand Ledge
As far as implements, always cover your tracks and maybe a touch more.

The whole goods book says that telescoping end links are an option on both tractors open and closed station. Whole goods #B2677

Pat

Caboose

Equipment
B2650HST
Aug 16, 2016
Washington State
1970cs,
Thank you for the advice and info. That's what I was going for with the implement choices but then was a little confused by the manual. I don't think the implement limitations they recommend would cover my tracks.

Will have to debate the 3P hitch issue with the dealer.

Thanks again,
Dean

retird

Equipment
loader, box scraper
Jul 10, 2015
brownsville,ontario,canada
I have a b2650 and have a Titan 60 inch box blade and a Caroni tm1600( 63 inch ) flail mower. Both were recommended by my dealer. I use both regularly and the tractor handles them very well.

Caboose

Equipment
B2650HST
Aug 16, 2016
Washington State
Thanks, retird.
Those sizes seem right in line with the implements I am looking at. I guess I will just go with them and not worry about it.
Still curious why the 2650 in stock at my dealer has the other style tph. Must have been the type on the earlier versions. Would be curious if b2650 owners from various dates of production have the old or new style.
For any of you who have the new style of tph, are the differences worth pushing with the dealer.

Thanks,
Dean

eng1886trk

Equipment
2016 B2650, 60" bucket, QH15, RB1572, LR1572, BB1260, 42" forks
Mar 9, 2016
Lancaster, PA
I have a B2650 with the BB1260 box blade and it has worked very well. I didn't get the squeeze hand type connection although it was an option. I am going to be purchasing a quick hitch shortly and there for it wouldn't really be used unless I purchase an implement that is not quick hitch adaptable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
As far as implements, always cover your tracks and maybe a touch more.

The whole goods book says that telescoping end links are an option on both tractors open and closed station. Whole goods #B2677

Pat
By option do you mean you have to pay extra for them? Seems like I remember them being in the e-brochure or some form of advertising implying they were standard on the 2650 and the 3350.

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
The telescoping end links were an option when I purchased. Save your money there and get a quick hitch. Mine never comes off and I don't have to get off the tractor to change implements unless it has to be hooked to the PTO.

Caboose

Equipment
B2650HST
Aug 16, 2016
Washington State
Thanks, guys.
That's kinda what it sounded like - that it is only standard on the 3350. I guess I didn't read enough fine print in any of the brochures to realize that.
I did get the quick hitch included in the quotes I got - although I think the most local dealer (who recommended the QH in the first place) appears to have forgotten it in his quote.

I will just get the Quick hitch and not worry about it.

EDIT:
...yeah, just looked at the e-brochure again and I need to open my eyes. Says right there that the telescoping lower link ends and the ratchet-type lift rod are OPTIONAL.
Don't know how I missed that.

Thanks again ,
Dean

Last edited:

Caboose

Equipment
B2650HST
Aug 16, 2016
Washington State
Yeah, I've done some reading on that. Also have entered into the morass of threads on the best "quick hitch" device to buy (e.g. Pats, Land Pride, etc.). The implements (other than the post hole digger) are Land Pride so I'm hoping (but will confirm) that their quick hitch will be compatible with them.

OrangeLivin

Sep 9, 2015
Eastern
Not that your new tractor couldn't handle it, but I'd double-check with the dealer (get it in writing!) that they will still cover warranty issues on a tractor running oversized (or unsupported, according to the manual) implements! The Kubota manual is very specific, and there is at least one report on this board about tractor warranty repairs being denied even though the owner was running implements a dealer recommended.

Caboose

Equipment
B2650HST
Aug 16, 2016
Washington State
OrangeLivin,
Thank you for that advice. I was having the same feeling. Based on everything I've read on this and other forums, I have no doubt that the 2650 could handle the implement size, but I agree. I don't want it coming down to the dealer and/or Kubota pointing to their documentation saying "It's right there in the manual...".
What's silly is that the overall tread width of the 2650 is 53.7". The implement limitations in the manual state max tiller width of 50" and max. box blade width of 54". Effectively, neither of these are wide enough to cover the 2650 tracks. Maybe you're supposed to offset to one side and overlap your passes.

We'll see what the dealer is willing to warranty in writing. I'm sure there are those shaking their heads saying "what's he worried about?" but I'd feel pretty stupid if they denied any warranty claims due to the implement size issue.

Thanks again,

Dean

Grouse09

Equipment
B2650 Cab, snowblower, FEL, brush hog
Aug 24, 2016
Traverse City, MI
Caboose, did you get an answer from the dealer? Did you get your B2650?

I bought a new B2650 and went with the 60 inch rotary cutter. No problems on 10 Acres of 2-3 inch saplings and long grass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Myb3350

Equipment
B3350 JD430 Moline BG and BF
Jul 4, 2016
meridian ms
If I take my B3350 in for warranty work you can bet I will not have a implement attached to it and what I do with my tractor is my business, I am paying the note and I will work it and enjoy it as I please.

Caboose

Equipment
B2650HST
Aug 16, 2016
Washington State
Yep, I got the B2650 - along with the 60" box scraper and the 58" tiller (12", reverse tine rotation).
I talked to the dealer about it and I'm not going to stress about any warranty issues. I'll cross that bridge if/when I come to it, I guess. With the work I am planning on doing and the ground I work (old river bottom - like working in a sandbox), I'm not going to put too much stress on those implements.
Like Myb3350 said - I'm not going to have the implements on the tractor if I ever have any warranty issues... ;)

Sure liking the 2650. I haven't had a ton of seat time, but enough to do a few things I used to do with a shovel and wheelbarrow, rake or walk-behind tiller. Has saved me a TON of time already. Put the new horse paddock in. Gave it a good till, drug my chain harrow, seeded and re-drug the harrow all in a couple hours time.

Haven't hooked up/used the box blade yet, but planning to in the next couple of weeks. Getting rainy and I can see where the puddles are forming in my gravel drive. Time to get 'er leveled out.

Dean