B2650 Grapple Advice

bcuster

Equipment
B2650 w/ cab, FEL, BH, 63" snowblower w/ extensions, grapple, forks, box blade
Jul 10, 2015
State College, PA
One thing you might look at is the jaw opening dimension besides the weight of the grapple. A big jaw opening is really helpful if you're trying to grab a bunch of loose stuff like a pile of branches. I was thinking about the EA 50" grapple due to the light weight for my L3901 but got the 54" single lid grapple since the opening was 7" larger even though it's a bit heavier.
Good point. Having used the Compact Wicked 50" grapple quite a bit the past 2 yrs with my B2650, I don't think I have ever wished I could grab more stuff. I was toting around approx 32-36" logs - shouldn't have been doing that, but I was taking it real slow and steady. The loader arms and grapple were kinda acting like hooking a marlin while deep sea fishing. :D Grabbing a big pile of limbs was also no problem. The "teeth" are going through the brush anyway when grabbing the pile. In my case, I'd take the extra gain in lifting capacity (weight factor) over grapple opening size. Guess it depends what you're moving.

MLB04V

Equipment
B2650 ROPS, FEL
Apr 1, 2016
Woodstock, GA, USA
I went with a Bradco 48" Grapple. Works great.
After looking at the Bradco, I like the flat surface a the bottom as opposed to the round tube bar on the lower front edge of the WR Grapple. I assume the Bradco will cut through smaller stuff as you grab it, much like the edge on a bucket? The Bradco is a bit more expensive and heavier, but might be the better choice.

pendoreille

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2620, fel, RB1560, Piranha Tooth Bar
Jan 2, 2015
Newport, WA
I have the wr long single bucket on my B2620. I use it for a mini skidder. I never take the grapple off. I thought it would be in the way of the bucket for digging or snow plowing. I have never taken it off. I can build skider roads, back drag and turn around a pick up a large pile of brush or a rather large log.
I use it in conjunction with the PTB which never comes off. Just this last week I used it to move snow berms which turned to hunks of ice, bucket grapple worked great!

Attachments

Farmdaddy

Equipment
L3301 w/loader, 5' box blade, 5' brush hog, homemade bale spike, 7' disc harrow
Dec 12, 2016
Tuttle, Ok,
You guys will love this grapple! I did a TON of research and glad I chose this one. Give me a few days to get some hose measurements. I have the Kubota factory 3rd function valve installed, which uses a male and a female 3/8" NPT couplers. The switch to operate it is thumb operated, and mounted near the top of the loader control handle. I have found it easy to use. ETA can help you out with the connector choices if you've got a different manufacturer 3rdFV.

Can you clarify "thumb operated"? I want to put the 3rd function on my L3301, but all the pics I keep finding show a completely separate lever. I'd far rather have a switch or something on the lever that's already there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kennyd4110

Vendor Member
Sep 7, 2013
Westminster, MD
www.boltonhooks.com
Can you clarify "thumb operated"? I want to put the 3rd function on my L3301, but all the pics I keep finding show a completely separate lever. I'd far rather have a switch or something on the lever that's already there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kits like the one that WR Long has (and many other companies resell) use a replacement handle the has a built in switch. These are electric over hydraulic valves, not manual ones.

http://www.wrlonginc.com/valve_kits.htm

bcuster

Equipment
B2650 w/ cab, FEL, BH, 63" snowblower w/ extensions, grapple, forks, box blade
Jul 10, 2015
State College, PA
Can you clarify "thumb operated"? I want to put the 3rd function on my L3301, but all the pics I keep finding show a completely separate lever. I'd far rather have a switch or something on the lever that's already there.
Here are some pics of the OEM controls which work very well.

Attachments

Manvito

Equipment
Kubota B2601
Apr 27, 2016
New York
I ordered the 50” Wicked Root Grapple about a week ago, for my B2601. They said it may take 20 days for them to ship it out to me. You better get your order in soon. I can’t wait to get my grapple!!