B2650 Cab Noise Isolators.

4x4farmer

Dec 15, 2016
Hannaford ND
Ok..so we have been all around here on making the cabs quieter on here. I have done the whole tear down on mine and installed dyna mat and 1/2 tractor cab insulation in all places possible other then the firewall. This helped a lot and I highly recommend it. I feel as though I'm still getting quite a bit of hydro whine coming in through the pedal. Has anyone ever bought any type of isolator for levers or linkage and tried them? My next step before winter hits is to try to do something with the firewall and the levers and linkage. Any more info anyone has on this would be great. (Besides the usual "just get some headphones" comment.)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
The whine is most likely being transmitted from the hydro through the mounts and using the cab as a simple "speaker". You may have some success with the cab, but it's only part of the problem. The parts that are bolted to the tractor at the factory, such as the metal cover over the trans, the floor, etc are problems you won't solve easily. Trying to add enough sound deadening material to eliminate that noise is kind of fruitless. The mechanical path that is transmitting the vibration must be interrupted.

Have a look at one type of vibration isolator in the link below. Even though there are bolted connections, there is no hard mechanical path through the isolator. There is only rubber between the two bolted connections and that interrupts the path of the vibration. Many people think they can solve the problem by using a rubber pad for a mount, and then short-circuit it by running a bolt through the rubber to complete the vibration path.

I had a plan for mounts for my cab, but deemed it too much work for the benefit because isolating the cab won't do anything to eliminate the sound coming from the floor, etc anyway. I went with earplugs.

https://www.mason-ind.com/nd-2/