B2650 72" belly mower install

UNCLE WILLY

Equipment
B2650
Jun 2, 2018
Peterborough
OK,
Im hopingsomeone can help me.

Just brought my mower deck home o find the instructions on mounting to the b2650 are terrible.

Also, has anyone else tried installing? holes dont align and the rear hanger bracket wont go through the hole as the orange frame gets in the way....are there any secrets?

would appreciate any tips from someone who has installed before

Thanks,
Willy

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
I installed my 60" on my 2650.

It seems like a daunting task, but once you get it done, you'll ask yourself why it seemed so difficult. I had a lot of trepidation going into it....

Can you snap some pictures of the areas you are having problems with? When you say "rear hanger bracket" and "orange frame get in the way" throws me a little....

There is a clevis thats part of the brake linkage that needs to be moved....

Huskerfan

Equipment
Kubota B2650 HSTC, Grasshopper 725Dt
May 24, 2016
Iowa
Grease blade bearings and pulleys (remove belt shields to do so), gauge wheels and spindles.

When installing, l set the gauge wheels and chock them to the lowest deck setting.

Also use chocks on the front and back of the deck to serve as ramps.

Attach front link bar to deck.

Raise the rear links to highest level using the hydraulic three point hitch/mower deck lift lever.

Drive the tractor over the deck using low range and 4 week drive.

Remove all chocks

Lower rear links using hydraulic 3 point lever

Move deck as needed to adjust position of mower rear link receiving holes and pull rear link spring loaded L-pins . Line them up to release them into receiver holes on deck.

Crawl under rear of tractor or use a creeper, lie on your back and attach the pto shaft, collar is spring loaded

Attach front link, see manual as needed.

Start tractor and lift deck to full height.

Adjust gauge wheels to desired length of grass. See the diagram on deck for which pin holes to use. I have found the 3 1/2 inch is best if you have rolling and uneven turf, prevents scalloping.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Huskerfan

Equipment
Kubota B2650 HSTC, Grasshopper 725Dt
May 24, 2016
Iowa
Hardware stores and farm stores like Northern Tool carry the right chocks or make your own.

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
Perhaps I misunderstood. I thought the question was about initial installation of all the brackets and such.

Questions make sense now.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk