B2650 100 Hour Fuel Filter?

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
Almost to the 100 hour mark so thinking of replacing the fuel filter cartridge instead of cleaning. It says to clean with kerosene but for $16 replacing would be easier. I have a mental block with filters, especially fuel, because I have had issues with other equipment in the past. Seems they like to leak on me even though I try to follow procedures. Any tips on changing out the filter and starting procedure once the new filter is in place? The guy that delivered it said to turn the key on 7 times for short bursts. What do you clean the glass bowl with if you don't have kerosene; clean diesel, gas, solvent, etc. or do you just wipe it out good?

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
I just changed the filter. Followed procedures and everything worked.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

conropl

Equipment
L3560 HSDC
Oct 17, 2016
West Michigan
You probably already know this, but just in case:
There is a little tiny o-ring at the top of the filter that is easy to miss. A replacement is not included with the filter, and if you forget to pull it out of the old filter and transfer it over, then it will never seal. Dealer warned me of this when I bought the filter and I am glad he did... I would have missed it.
O-ring I am talking about is 060 on the illustrated parts list.

Attachments

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
Thanks for the input. I did see that small O ring but a reminder is always appreciated, sometimes I get in too much of a hurry and miss the small stuff. I will have to check and see if I have some brake cleaner, if not it should be readily available and it would be more use for different things than kerosene.

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
What did you do for the initial start after the change?
I don't recall exactly. Whatever the procedure is for changing the filter. I'm at 300 hours now. That was a long time ago!!!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
What went wrong? Had tank at 1/2, unscrewed the bowl and fuel came out so I thought I had tilted the bowl taking it out. Once I got the bowl off no fuel. Went to put bowl back on and fuel started pouring out, filled bowl and I had a heck of a time starting it. As I pressed the bowl up to start it fuel would come out, kind of like some spring loaded valve. Should the tank have been well below 1/2? Anybody else have this problem?

kirk1870

Equipment
BX1870 loader mmm Haban snowplow
Feb 11, 2016
Chelsea Mi
I'm putting a B series fuel filter on my BX. There is a spring loaded shut off built into the filter housing that closes and opens with bowl removal and installation.

Grouse09

Equipment
B2650 Cab, snowblower, FEL, brush hog
Aug 24, 2016
Traverse City, MI
Just get the cannister up to the fitting, push lightly and turn quickly. You can expect a cup or so to flow out while you are screwing it in. Take your hydraulic lines off to give you more room for two hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
Definitely lost a cup or two, lol, and believe me once I got it started I screwed it in as fast as I could. It is in an awkward place. Good news is that it does not leak, which is a miracle with my track record of fluids, fittings and filters.
Has anyone installed a shutoff valve and if so what kind? Have a few hundred hours to contemplate that project.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
No need for a shutoff, get some hose pinch off pliers. Pull the split loom from the hose just before the filter housing and pinch off the hose.