B2601 vs B2650

Sodark

Equipment
2018 B2650 HST ROPS, BH77 Backhoe
May 15, 2018
Pacific Northwest US
Far as I can tell, the 2650 has about a 4" higher clearance. I was sold on the 2601 but the higher clearance was desirable for my terrain.

Last edited:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Web site of kubotas just doesn’t explain the differences of these two models
Are there really any differences?

Thanks
Great question - I have a friend that is in the same boat, tell me if I am wrong, but BOTH now have DPF on them for the 2108 model? I am sure the 2650 does, NOT sure on the 2601..... I think the 50 series is a little better machine for a little bit more $$$$ - right up until the dpf comes into play:p

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
Thanks for the quick reply. Extra clearance would benefit our use as well.
It also has a longer wheel base wider stance, and more lift capacity on the loader and 3 pt. For the money difference, not demean the 2601, for most people it is worth the difference. For me, and what I do, it was definitely the right choice for me. Good luck with your choice.

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
Great question - I have a friend that is in the same boat, tell me if I am wrong, but BOTH now have DPF on them for the 2108 model? I am sure the 2650 does, NOT sure on the 2601..... I think the 50 series is a little better machine for a little bit more $$$$ - right up until the dpf comes into play:p
85 Hokie. I have not heard that about the dpf on those Bs and I am helping out at the dealership. I actually delivered a couple last week. Anything 26 horse and under, which the Bs are exempt. When you jump to the B3350, then you get into those restrictions. I will double check, and If I find out anything different, will let you know.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
85 Hokie. I have not heard that about the dpf on those Bs and I am helping out at the dealership. I actually delivered a couple last week. Anything 26 horse and under, which the Bs are exempt. When you jump to the B3350, then you get into those restrictions. I will double check, and If I find out anything different, will let you know.
Hell, I hope I read something wrong then.......

This is one of the things that I did see:

"Features
•Cleaner Emissions Kubota Diesel Engines: The B50 series diesel engines are built for greater power with cleaner emissions. The B3350's liquid- cooled E-TVCS (Emission-Three Vortex Combustion System) engine delivers increased power and high torque for the tractor strength you need, while significantly lowering emissions. The Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) Muffler reduces emissions to ensure its compliance with the latest Tier 4 emission regulations.
•Kubota HST Transmission: Clutch-less for easy operation, our proven 3-range transmission provides optimal speeds to match your job. Choose Low range when you need extra power at low speed. Mid range for normal operations, and High range for transporting place to place. In addition, the brake pedal is positioned on the left side."

Reading that....it only applies to the 3350.....

and digging a little deeper:

So - glad I am wrong:D

Found this

Attachments

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA

Gearman

Jul 9, 2018
Woods Cross

Thanks! I watched all those videos last week, but they still don’t show differences of the B2601 to the B2650 .....

I rended a BX couple weeks ago awesome little unit. Want something little bigger, but for landscaping staying small is key

Videos compare BX to B. B to L

I want a good understanding of the differences of the B models

Thanks everyone for all your replies
Very helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Trav7

May 30, 2018
Barrington il usa
The 2650 is a premium trim and has a lot of standard upgrades. Can’t recall all of them but stuff like digital dash, nicer seat, tilt steering wheel, etc.

Also I believe it’s a larger frame. Loader and other capacities are higher than the 2601 as well

JustinB60

Equipment
LX2610 w/LA535, QH15, PL1242
Mar 31, 2018
USA
Web site of kubotas just doesn***8217;t explain the differences of these two models
Are there really any differences?

Thanks
I have a 2016 B2601 and my neighbor has a 2016 B2650, his machine is more stout mechanically, has higher lift capacities, and is slightly bigger and heavier. A few examples of this is that his axles are clearly larger (especially front axle), loader has more lift capacity (LA434 vs LA534) and so does the 3pt. The engines, although rated to same Hp, are different as the B2650 is larger displacement and makes quite a bit more torque (sounds deeper and more stout too). I found a good deal in the 2601 but otherwise I would have wanted to buy a B2650. I keep my tractor in my garage and to me the B2650 is the perfect homeowner size for anyone with 3-10 acres who does work on their land where good loader capacity is important.

Last edited:

JustinB60

Equipment
LX2610 w/LA535, QH15, PL1242
Mar 31, 2018
USA
The 2650 is a premium trim and has a lot of standard upgrades. Can’t recall all of them but stuff like digital dash, nicer seat, tilt steering wheel, etc.

Also I believe it’s a larger frame. Loader and other capacities are higher than the 2601 as well
The second part of your post is correct but the B2601 also has tilt, floor mat, nice seat with folding arms, etc. main differences are mechical and capacity based.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I didn't see any description of intended use by the OP. However, if you aren't concerned about accessibility, I'd suggest the larger B series or even an L. I don't recall there being a significant price difference between the two B series machines.

The 50 series has some increased capacities (loader, hoe, and three point) as others had mentioned. They are only slightly heavier, but feature substantially larger tires. Trust me, it's a great landscaping tractor.

Be sure to get the SSQA coupler and don't be afraid of the 60" loader bucket.

When trading in my BX23 TLBM (2006 model) the '01 series just didn't look like a big enough step up from the BX series for me. I still needed a "lighter weight" machine, so got the 2650. So far, I've been happy with it.

Best of luck to you.

Gearman

Jul 9, 2018
Woods Cross
I didn't see any description of intended use by the OP. However, if you aren't concerned about accessibility, I'd suggest the larger B series or even an L. I don't recall there being a significant price difference between the two B series machines.

The 50 series has some increased capacities (loader, hoe, and three point) as others had mentioned. They are only slightly heavier, but feature substantially larger tires. Trust me, it's a great landscaping tractor.

Be sure to get the SSQA coupler and don't be afraid of the 60" loader bucket.

Just got back from dealer, price difference is approx $1200
Ground clearance difference is 2.2”

Both use the same wheels
The B50 rear industrial tires are 1/2 inch wider, fronts are the same

QA bucket is standard on the B01/B50 according to local dealer

Dealer is out of B50s without cab. Has few B01s and no b2650
Feature wise they are identical, compared the B50 With cab to the B01 w/rops. The both have all the same controls, seat, steering.

If I go with a B01 can afford to get an extra attachment!

Thanks everyone for the reply’s regarding the two and help with deciding along with giving me the questions to ask about and know which will fit my needs best.

Our use will be mostly landscaping and occasional use at lake property, mowing and raking the beach

I thought the extra ground clearance would be a bonus for beach and deep mud. But if both run the exact same size front tires, I have decided to go with the smaller lighter unit as landscaping will dominate planned use.

Last edited:

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Congrats. You can't go wrong with either one.

Hillhigh Guy

Equipment
B2601, BH, RFM
Mar 18, 2018
Round Hill, VA
I just went through this same exercise and looked hard at both of these. Both are excellent machines. Most of my property is on a slope and to my big behind, the 01 felt like it's center of gravity was lower. I drove them one after the other on a dealer's lot that had a pretty good slope and there was less pucker factor with the smaller machine. Also, I really didn't care for the digital dash on the 50. Call me old school but I just like good old gauges. The extra torque of the bigger motor would have been nice. If I had that motor in the smaller 01, it would have been perfect. Many told me on here while I was looking (and I looked at all brands) that the most important thing was how the machine felt to me while operating. To me the 01 was the perfect compromise.

Good luck!