B2601 seat height

Slamers

Equipment
Kubota B2601
Sep 15, 2021
Appleton, Wisconsin
I'm 6'-3" tall purchasing a B2601 and would like to raise the height of the seat slightly to make it easier to operate the treadle peddle. Any suggestions?

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Im 6' and also found the seat uncomfortable as well as distance to the pedals. I searched until I was blue in the face and didnt come up with a solution that I was comfortable doing. I thought about buying the LX seat and trying to make it fit but also gave up on that.

Reactions: 1 user

Slamers

Equipment
Kubota B2601
Sep 15, 2021
Appleton, Wisconsin
Im 6' and also found the seat uncomfortable as well as distance to the pedals. I searched until I was blue in the face and didnt come up with a solution that I was comfortable doing. I thought about buying the LX seat and trying to make it fit but also gave up on that.
Glad it wasn't just me. I expect some feedback might be to get a bigger tractor, but for what I need that isn't a practical solution.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I'm 6'-3" tall purchasing a B2601 and would like to raise the height of the seat slightly to make it easier to operate the treadle peddle. Any suggestions?

Can you flip the seat up and take a picture of the mounting, some of these clever folks might be able to work up a solution.

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
I am 6'6",300 plus pounds. I could not fit on my new Wheel Horse. So I put 2 2x4s to the frame of the seat. I then slid the seat as far back as it would fit and drilled holes and mounted it to the holes that the seat was designed to attach to. It worked for years without a problem.

Reactions: 2 users

Slamers

Equipment
Kubota B2601
Sep 15, 2021
Appleton, Wisconsin
Can you flip the seat up and take a picture of the mounting, some of these clever folks might be able to work up a solution.
Once I receive the tractor. I was at the dealer yesterday just trying it out (I am not getting it for a few months as that is when I need to start projects. Good point though. I will see what I can do.

Steve67

Equipment
B2601-fel, 60"mmm, 5' rear blade, balast box
Jan 20, 2017
St. Louis, mo.
Can’t remember the members name but he did an excellent write up on a base he built to add a suspension seat. It was probably a year ago, try the search feature

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
This should be pretty simple remove the bolts that fasten the seat rails to the tractor. Make some shims the same length as the seat rails and as thick as you want to raise the seat and drill holes. Reattach the seat with the shims using longer bolts.

Plant 175

Equipment
Kubota Sidekick
Jun 3, 2021
Wisconsin
I’m 6’6” and haven’t picked mine up either but will be interesting. Glad I don’t need to be on it for long periods.

NvRudder

Equipment
L2501DT, LA525, R14's, Bison NVHA210 84" RB, Allied 60" SB, Diamond C 10k Dump
Jun 15, 2021
Northern NV
For my 2501 gear drive...I added a stadium cushion then put a cover over the seat...raised me about a inch or so...seat height works for my 6'3" frame.

I did look at how the seat & slide assembly are attached...including safety switch wiring...
It would be very easy to add a ~1" bolt spacer to each of the 4 seat mounting screws for additional height without effecting any safety switch wiring. Might be able to go higher, but would want to make sure legs don't interfere with steering wheel.

Hope this helps...

Slamers

Equipment
Kubota B2601
Sep 15, 2021
Appleton, Wisconsin
For my 2501 gear drive...I added a stadium cushion then put a cover over the seat...raised me about a inch or so...seat height works for my 6'3" frame.

I did look at how the seat & slide assembly are attached...including safety switch wiring...
It would be very easy to add a ~1" bolt spacer to each of the 4 seat mounting screws for additional height without effecting any safety switch wiring. Might be able to go higher, but would want to make sure legs don't interfere with steering wheel.

Hope this helps...
Appreciate the insight. Can't go too far or my head will hit the top of the cab/cover ;)