B2601 Not Starting

Tim Garrison

Equipment
B2601 tractor, finish mower, back hoe, box blade, snow blower & Z121 Zero Turn
Sep 14, 2021
Truro, Nova Scotia
Hi folks,
I have a 2014, b2601
Kubota tractor that won't start and is blowing the main 50 amp fuse. At first it was intermittent but now it won't turn over at all and blows the fuse immediately. My question is, would a bad stop fuel solenoid cause this? The starter is fine.

Thanks in advance
Tim

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Tim,

Welcome to the forum - hopefully we can find a solution to your problem.

To blow that fuse - and that is a big fuse, there has to be a place where a main hot wire is being grounded out thus pulling 50 plus of amps and blowing the fuse.

Have you checked for any mice or rat damage to the wiring?

Have you added any external electrical wiring ? I.E. Lights?

Add any more history you can about the tractor

Reactions: 2 users

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Hi folks,
I have a 2014, b2601
Kubota tractor that won't start and is blowing the main 50 amp fuse. At first it was intermittent but now it won't turn over at all and blows the fuse immediately. My question is, would a bad stop fuel solenoid cause this? The starter is fine.

Thanks in advance
Tim
Unfortunately, the diagram in the WSM is useless. You could check the solenoid by unplugging the connector. There is also a relay, you could pull the connector off it, if you can figure out which relay it is.

Other than that, disconnect the main wire at the switch, make sure there's no ground. Then do the ACC wire, etc. Somebody hasn't gum wrappered one of the fuses, have they? See if the ignition switch itself is shorting to ground.

Tim Garrison

Equipment
Sep 14, 2021
Truro, Nova Scotia
When you say "intermittent" please describe that situation. IOW how did it act during the "intermittent" stage?
It would sometimes blow the fuse as soon as I would go to start and sometimes it would start as normal as if the wasn't ever a problem.

Tim Garrison

Equipment
Sep 14, 2021
Truro, Nova Scotia
Tim,

Welcome to the forum - hopefully we can find a solution to your problem.

To blow that fuse - and that is a big fuse, there has to be a place where a main hot wire is being grounded out thus pulling 50 plus of amps and blowing the fuse.

Have you checked for any mice or rat damage to the wiring?

Have you added any external electrical wiring ? I.E. Lights?

Add any more history you can about the tractor
I can't see and evidence of rodents. It's not the main positive conductor coming from the battery. It is one of the smaller positive going in behind the dash. When I put my meter on from it to ground, it's reading 17.6 ohms which isn't a dead short. And I only get it in the auxiliary position or the first positio when I turn the key I guess my question is, is there a solenoid coil that would read this 17.6 ohms between the fuse and the key switch?

Tim Garrison

Equipment
Sep 14, 2021
Truro, Nova Scotia
Unfortunately, the diagram in the WSM is useless. You could check the solenoid by unplugging the connector. There is also a relay, you could pull the connector off it, if you can figure out which relay it is.

Other than that, disconnect the main wire at the switch, make sure there's no ground. Then do the ACC wire, etc. Somebody hasn't gum wrappered one of the fuses, have they? See if the ignition switch itself is shorting to ground.
Good day,
I'm now getting 17.6 ohms in the first position of the ignition switch. So this indicates it's not a dead short. No, gum wrappers, lol. I bought this tractor new. It seems to be intermittent.