B2601 loader crooked

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Smalltime, if you get a chance, would you ask your dealer what is different about the 2601 tractor loader combination? Most of us responding have different tractors, and if I understood your original post correctly your dealer was telling you there was a problem that Kubota knew about and wasn't dealing with it on that model. It would help anyone else with a 2601 out if there is something structurally different. Or more especially if it is common to the whole 01 series. Thanks!

smalltimefarmer

Oct 8, 2015
Springfield
My dealer's service manager has been contacted. To summarize since I have received second hand information from someone who got second hand information, Kubota has admitted there is a problem and are working toward a solution. A portion of tractors were in fact constructed improperly according to the service manager. They are trying to figure out if is was an engineering problem or a manufacturing problem and are therefore working on a permanent solution which may take months.

They have acknowledged that my tractor is outside of manufacturer set tolerances as is the brand new one they just assembled.

Other people with this tractor and this problem might want to contact their dealer and see if there is any updated information available.

farewell

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Thanks! Please let us know anything else you find out. I hope your dealer is working to make it right with you, eg replacing your tractor with one within tolerances as soon as possible.

Diydave

Equipment
L2202 tractor, L185f tractor
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
You could be right there..

It's also possible that you're dealing with a long length, high torque item that has very tenuous connections to a supporting structure, and add onto that it's likely remove-able.

So an engineer has a couple of choices to make:

Precision machining and mounting of a high physical abuse item and hope it stays precise for a couple of years until it gets out of warranty then leave the owner on their own to get a machine shop to fix it.

or

Make a mount that if it gets out of whack it can easily be adjusted by loosening a few bolts and retightening them. The owner can do this right there on the farm and it costs them an hour every few years or so.

I'm not defending the choice. You're correct, the first option would be more expensive and be dead on accurate... for a while. Then it would need repair to get back into spec.

The second choice is what they chose to do with to keep that price point down and be user serviceable without any special tools. If that's being cheap, I'll buy there's an argument for it. However, it's an understandable choice. The other way would cost you $500 more at sales time and it would take you 10 years to get it back in time spent then lose it all again when the parts wear. It's just a choice.

I have an old loader that is made EXACTLY the way you are saying. It has no adjustments, it's held solidly in place and it does not move. It has worn over time and now it's sloppy as heck and I *WISH* I could fix it's level by just loosening some bolts and cranking back down on them. I have to put about $1000 of work into fixing the damage running it 'loose' has caused.

AC Di7 diesel with henry loader and hoe? Does it have the shuttle shift?:D

Shadow

May 18, 2015
Somewhere
Is the loader crooked, or is the welded on cutting edge welded crooked? Measure from the loader arms at the ground, to the pin where the bucket attaches. Have seen some BX's that have the cutting edge crooked new.

smalltimefarmer

Oct 8, 2015
Springfield
Is the loader crooked, or is the welded on cutting edge welded crooked? Measure from the loader arms at the ground, to the pin where the bucket attaches. Have seen some BX's that have the cutting edge crooked new.
Thank you for providing more options to try. So far everything I have measured on the loader is very square. I will look more closely at the bucket and pull a couple of measurements.

The thing I have measured which is significantly off are the loader mounts. The right loader mount is about 3/8" below the left one when measured from the black attachment pin. Also it is visibly tipped toward the back by up to a whole degree compared to the other.

I have tried all suggestions up to this point except for loosening the bolts. A lot of good suggestions, I appreciate it.

speedymph1000

May 18, 2015
Alabama
Thank you for providing more options to try. So far everything I have measured on the loader is very square. I will look more closely at the bucket and pull a couple of measurements.

The thing I have measured which is significantly off are the loader mounts. The right loader mount is about 3/8" below the left one when measured from the black attachment pin. Also it is visibly tipped toward the back by up to a whole degree compared to the other.

I have tried all suggestions up to this point except for loosening the bolts. A lot of good suggestions, I appreciate it.
I hope I don't sound like a obvious thinker here, but it sounds like the loader mounting brackets were mounted wrong or they were possibly manufactured wrong. Coming from someone that used to weld for a living, sometimes parts will get welding together wrong or outside of tolerance. These parts should be rejected by quality check but some make it through. Maybe you might want to get some good measurements and pics of Your mounts and go to Your dealer to look at several different makes and models and compare all the loader mounts to Yours to see if You can find a difference in them. Just a thought.

Last edited:

lilguy

Nov 7, 2011
Illinois
Old thread, but like many, with no final resolution. I'm in the process of purchasing a new Kubota to replace a 31 year old L2250. Has this problem been
resolved? Was it actually a wide spread problem or a random occurrence?
I purchased 2 Kubotas in 1985 and have spent about a grand on repairs on one of them in that time. I'm not even looking at other brands because of my positive experience over 3 decades. Thanks all .

1970cs

Apr 26, 2016
Grand Ledge
Yes, if memory serves? Our first LA434 loader had that issue. I can't recall exactly but rear left/right cradle mount was the culprit. Every unit since then has been fine.

Pat

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2601HSD & CK4010HST 4WD/FEL
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
im reading sheep farmers thread & this one as i noticed my bucket is about 1" different from left to right.. (my left side is the higher side)

FINN

Equipment
B2601 RTV900
Feb 24, 2017
MT RAINIER
My B2601 bucket/loader is off by about an inch too, I think the left side is higher but need to recheck. I haven't worried enough about it I guess to bother checking why but with all the variables involved it's nice to hear there is a way to adjust it out. Also need to add I have the SSQA loader/bucket.

Last edited:

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Hey, I have the solution for all having this problem. Buy a yard as uneven as mine and you'll never know if your loader is crooked or not. LOL.

You think you're bummed because your $20,000 tractor isn't perfect.......try buying $240,000 dump trucks of different brands that are built like crap nowadays and full of defects.

GEPM64

Equipment
B2601 with FEL, Box Scraper, rotary mower, 3pt snowblower and Sovema Tiller
Sep 15, 2014
Hazelridge, Manitoba, Canada
Good day all,

To add to this conversation, I bought my 2601 last fall and my loader is also crooked. I did take it back to my dealer and they did tell me they have seen many 2601's with this issue. They took pictures, measurments, etc. and sent a report to Kubota. They also told me not to expect a solution in the near term.

I too would like to see a resolution to this, but I really don't see how this would affect the performance of the machine. The only time I notice it and it bugs me is when I park it in my garage on the concrete floor. Out in the field, it looks fine and is not noticeable.

Regards,
Glenn

Kingcreek

Equipment
Grand L3010 GST 4wd, LA481FEL, various attachments and accessories
Aug 3, 2011
NW Illinois
To the OP
I have nothing helpful to add but welcome to the forum. I hope your issue gets resolved to your satisfaction.
I know if I spent money on a new tractor, I would have certain expectations and would have the same disappointment and concern as you.
Some of us have brand loyalty based on our history and experience. I sold a green and yellow tractor when I bought my orange one used from my neighbor. Its 18 years old and had only one part fail. A glow plug controller replaced by me and a couple flat front tires fixed. Otherwise noting but total reliability and satisfaction.
again, Best wishes for quick resolution.

phosphor

Mar 15, 2017
Milwaukee
I took delivery of a b2601 with FEL last week. My first tractor and have put 5 hours on it.. Used the loader for at least a few of those hours.. Mine is perfectly level. Hopefully it stays that way.