B2601 Grapple Dilemma

mrmurph1965

Equipment
L3901HST, LA525 Loader,
Oct 5, 2021
NWMissouri
I have a set of HLA SSQA pallet forks for my BX23S, rated for 900#, solid forged forks. Aside from the powdercoat 'paint' coming of, have been an excellent implement.Since I can curlup the forks, it's easy to carry most brush and logs and a lot cheaper than a real grapple setup would have cost.
I have both, forks and a grapple. For long handling, I truly like the forks. Where the grapple shines for me is removal of tree tops and underbrush. I lose more than I get with the forks alone. The grapple keeps it all together for me.

Reactions: 1 user

Grindstone

Equipment
B2601, FEL, BH, MMM
Mar 10, 2022
CT
I have both, forks and a grapple. For long handling, I truly like the forks. Where the grapple shines for me is removal of tree tops and underbrush. I lose more than I get with the forks alone. The grapple keeps it all together for me.
I like to hear this. My dealer just told me the third function finally came in so I should be getting that installed this Thurs and then the grapple will be put to work doing all that underbrush/tree work. I have clamp on forks now which have been ok but was looking to upgrade to the quick attach forks. With what availability is now who knows when some will be available in my area.